Win Auto refreshrate problem with Kodi 14.0 and 14.1
They are all german shows and the issue wasnt present back then. I can play those files just fine with every media player exept gotham and helix.
(2015-02-11, 21:15)barenaked Wrote: They are all german shows and the issue wasnt present back then. I can play those files just fine with every media player exept gotham and helix.

But what is being used to play those files on other software? Is it the same ffmpeg version that Kodi uses?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
No that might be it. Its the tvs internal media player, mpc hc, raspi running frodo, none of them show this Symptom.

Ill test the new nightly tomorrow which includes the fix mentioned here.
The problem with the files you provided the mediainfo for, is (assuming they're not re-encoded and have the x264 settings removed):

23.976 fps video changed to play at 25 fps
23.976 fps audio changed to play at 25 fps
25.000 fps audio (de) playing at 25 fps

The above doesn't always result in correct playback. Bitstream timings sometimes need to be adjusted also.

I recently encountered this on US Shows not reencoded or dubbed for example "The Flash" or "Arrow" wich are reported by Mediainfo as 24fps...
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2015-02-12, 01:26)john.cord Wrote: I recently encountered this on US Shows not reencoded or dubbed for example "The Flash" or "Arrow" wich are reported by Mediainfo as 24fps...

Were these iTunes-sourced (WEB-DLs)? If so there is a problem with those, although different versions of mediainfo will report different frame rates. If they are iTunes sourced they should always report 23.976 and not 24. If it's showing 24 then that means the file hasn't been handled correctly. I would appreciate it if you could let me know the release name, or the tag at the end.

Helix.S02E04.Densho.German.DD51.Synced.DL.720p.iTunesHD.AVC-TVS

I cant remember the exact episodes of the US Show Files, i will check that tomorrow...
shows that has 24fps now

Helix
Brooklyn nine-nine
Suits
The Walking Dead

It is probably more of em
That's sort of my point - the majority of the new US shows from iTunes will be from the US store. Adding another audio track is causing the issue since that will, most likely, be taken from the HDTV transmission in that country. That will nearly always be 25 fps so something has to be changed so they don't go out of sync. People who release those who don't know what they're doing will often just set the video to play at 25 fps.

As for the second issue. iTunes has, for over a month, had problems with frame rates on ALL content. They've switched to using VFR instead of CFR - that's going to cause problems on most hardware when trying to play it back at a native frame rate since it's going to switch as it's variable. And just because mediainfo or another app say it's 24 fps doesn't mean it is. At least six versions of mediainfo are reporting different frame rates on those sorts of files.

So the problem with itunes vfr cannot be corrected by kodi adaptions of vfr handling?
(2015-02-12, 22:02)john.cord Wrote: So the problem with itunes vfr cannot be corrected by kodi adaptions of vfr handling?

That I'm unsure about, but iTunes VFR is not proper VFR - the files can be fixed very easily but I'm not sure what can be done in Kodi.

Setting my system refresh rate to 50i and using the Feb 10th nightly I can say that one of the problematic episodes played fine without any glitches. Something must have been the solution either the nightly or the system refresh rate.
BTW I haven't come across any iTunes rip that caused problems during playback. Can anyone name or hint to one file with the vfr problem so I can give it a try?
Post #37
I could see the refresh rate change from 24 to 23.978 in the osd during playback but I didn't have any glitches or dropped frames.
Most systems should be fine, and you download from well known ... places then they will be fine as rules state they must be fixed before releasing. That only applies to EN releases.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto refreshrate problem with Kodi 14.0 and 14.10