no scrapper is working on Boxee Box xbmc 13 to Kodi 15
Hi,

I have 3 Boxee box at home and was thrill to have a functional way of using XBMC via a USB key installation. My issue is on all units by the way.

Problem description:

I can install addons no problem, stream and play local video files perfectly and flawlessy!
When I try to scrap using TVDB or Movie database or even IMDB I always get "Unable to connect to server bla bla bla"

I have read many threads and looked at ipv6 settings, <curlclienttimeout>60</curlclienttimeout> setting tried to force a refresh etc...
nothing works...

I have tried setting up Kodi on my Imac and everything works flawlessly all movies and TV shows are scanned no problem so it's not a router settings or something wrong from my internet connection or network settings outside of Kodi setup it's relataed to the Linux setup on the Boxee hardware itself.

I have tried this with Gotham 13.2, Kodi 14 and latest 15 build... to no avail I cannot scrappe any file...

I am getting a bit desperate as I am seeing many Boxee owner not having this issue at all. It has to be a config thing somewhere...

Please help!

and thank you for the amazing work...
Problem solved!

I decided to try pervious builds and had success scrapping with 13.1 alpha. After checking logs from 14.0 and compared them with 13.1. I realized that the issue was with the Curl package!

13.1 uses 7.3.1 and 13.2 and up are on 7.3.8... I repackaged KODI 14.0 (replace files and rename them accordingly) with curl 7.3.1 and bingo everything is working as expected!

Hope this can help someone....

I now have 3 boxees running Kodi 14.0 perfectly and efficiently...
CoolBig GrinRofl
Was it not scraping artwork or just the info for movies and tv shows? I can't seem to get any artwork for movies, after going from Gotham to Helix to Helix 14.1; wondering if it's a similar issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no scrapper is working on Boxee Box xbmc 13 to Kodi 151