Apple TV 2 upgrade
Hi,

I have decided to switch on my atv2 again after a long long time and currently has xbmc eden 11.0 running which is obviously well out of date. I want to do a upgrade but with so many further updates being released since eden, I would like some help and advice on which upgrade I should do for the atv2. I know Kodi 14.1 is the latest, but what would everyone recommend would be the best upgrade?

Thanks
Honestly, your best upgrade would be to another device, such as the FireTV, if you can afford to. I had an ATV2 for years, and after frustration at crashed videos, rebooting, etc, I just recently upgraded to the FireTV, and I can't believe I waited this long to upgrade. The ATV2 simply doesn't have adequate specs at this point. In fact, within the last week or so, Kodi dev Memphiz posted saying that ATV2 won't be supported after this 14.1 release.

I'm sure others will chime in with upgrade paths that involve keeping your ATV2...all I can say is, if you can afford to switch, do so. Even the $40 FireTV Stick is capable of running Kodi better than the ATV2.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 2 upgrade0