Flicker-filter settings for other XBE's (ie. games), similar to the trainer option
I just created a FeatureRequest on SF:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php...tid=581841
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
omg. i missed this thread.

you guys are a bunch of whiners.
^^^ Eek What has a FR to do with whining?
I thought that´s what this forum for? Huh
*hopingyoudidntmeantme*
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
i didn't mean you solo, i meant comments such as

'Well I think its kinda of pointless... why even bother to include the flicker filter patcher... if you can't adjust it differently for game.... I was already adjusting manually before I saw that it was included in XBMC... does anyone else feel the same way as I do?'

and

'Why? If your gonna do something then why do it half way? The addition can't be called "complete" if it can't patch all xbe's and allow you to choose which title to turn it off for. So am I to always jump to settings when im gonna play a game? Im not always near a computer, especially when im playing games. So what do I do then?'
VooD Wrote:I won´t recommend using any value higher than OFF. I myself can´t see the difference between 1 and 5, and I doubt any of you can Tongue

There is a HUUGE difference between 1 and 5 (using official RGB scart cable on two TV's that have been properly calibrated). The difference between 1 and 3 or 3 and 5 is much more subtle, but still noticable.

I also think an option similar to the trainer menu would be good (press white buton, choose "Flicker Setting" & choose between 0-5). Some games look awful with the filter switched off/to level 1 but look good at level 3.

as a side note, for me I find level 1 to be best for most games, with some looking best with it turned off and some at level 3 (I've not come accross any that look better at level 5 yet, but I'm sure there will be some). level 1 is also what I use for the xbmc GUI and FBA. filter turned off completely for video playback.
I know this thread is very old, but hence I recently noticed this "new" setting for the first time, I want to tell my thoughts about it.

The games look SO much better with Flicker at 0, I'm amazed. I've always been disappointed about the lack of sharpness in xbox games compared to the ps2... And now it's so sharp, you could cut your eyes out. I'm loving it.

BUT, I just can't stand the dashboard at a setting of 0. The flickering is really bad... Can't you maybe change the setting so you can define a default for programs independent of the gui filter setting?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flicker-filter settings for other XBE's (ie. games), similar to the trainer option0