Kodi 14.1 Installation failure Amlogic
I've tried now to update my version of Kodi (14.0) to the latest 14.1 on my Amlogic MX box twice and each time I have the same problem. It installs fine then I get the first installation page and then it crashes with the message "unfortunately Kodi has stopped". I used app installer for the installation and the permission page comes up as normal so I'm not sure, as I'm a newbie if I'm doing something wrong.
When I uninstall 14.1 and install the previous version 14.0 it works with no problem. Anyone else having this problem?
Post logs guys
Tried again to install but had a parse error message "there was a problem parsing the package" before the installation page appeared. Then clicked on install, initial page appears then crashes with "unfortunately Kodi has stopped". Used Xplore to find the log but in fact inside org.xbmc.kodi there is one directory "files" but there is nothing inside.
I am also having this same problem on an amlogic 812 chipset unit it seams like the request to super user binaries have been taken out of this version. It should be an easy fix. Its impossible to post a log file cause it crashes before it even gets to the splash screen. Cant someone add the permissions back into this version to allow super user to grant access?
Same here on same device 812, it's rather annoying when a log cant be posted because a log cant be found.Confused
Be sure to enable showing "invisible" files in your file browsing app. The .kodi folder is invisible by default because of the period at the front of the name.
Same with my s812 box. Only the kodi 14.0 version works.
The 14.1 installs and the apk starts, but immediately it goes back to the box menu.
My box is named instabox mx4 with 2G/8G ram.
It was no log file generated.
(2015-02-11, 22:07)jens. Wrote: Same with my s812 box. Only the kodi 14.0 version works.
The 14.1 installs and the apk starts, but immediately it goes back to the box menu.
My box is named instabox mx4 with 2G/8G ram.
It was no log file generated.

Same situation here, Rikomagic MK12 (Amlogic S812).
Bad firmware?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Same problem here, and my box has the latest available firmware... Confused
I also have this problem on amlogic s812 (instabox phantom).

I think it is permissions related, 14.0 only seems to install because SuperSU is able to chmod it.
@Martijn btw, the fact that we removed su hacks on 15 deserves a blog post, imo.
At least so that vendors know they *have* to fix their firmwares, now Wink
will be mentioned between the other changes in alpha blog. Also the API bump. Up to them to get read up on these changes
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Same problem hear with the s812 chipset
kodi wont open.
Can't post logs as they only show a working v14.0.
14.1 upto 15 alpha1 not working
With a RKM MK12 amlogic s812.
The only fix is to completely uninstall bad version and reinstall v14.0 because just installing v14.0 over the top still won't work.
Thank god for titanium backup.
With the new firmware on my box (rikomagic mk12), all works great again Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.1 Installation failure Amlogic0