Shutdown Windows doesn't work
Since a couple of years I use XBMC on a Windows 7 computer. A couple of weeks ago I installed Kodi at this machine.
Before that I uninstalled XBMC since it was installed in a different directory.

Kodi is working fine, I changed the shell in the register of Windows to the Kodi executable so it starts directly.
The problem is that when I want to shutdown the computer, just Kodi ends instead of turning the computer off.
So I get back to the Windows desktop, but without a shell since explorer.exe isn't started anymore.

Now I have to turn off the computer with the button. When I used XBMC before I could start up the computer by WOL with the Yatse app on my phone and tablet. Also I could turn the computer off again with Yatse, but that doesn't work with Kodi.

Are there more users who experience the same problem?

As a workaround I made a batch file which is now my shell and starts Kodi. After shutting Kodi down the batch file picks up again and will start a command to shut the computer down. This works, but when I just want to restart Kodi or the PC also the batch file picks it up again and shuts the computer down instead of restarting it. But this workaround is better than not shutting down at all. If other users experience the same problem and have a better solution it would be great.
Settings>System>Power Saving>shutdown function (only advanced or expert mode) might do it.
(2015-02-06, 20:18)PatK Wrote: Settings>System>Power Saving>shutdown function (only advanced or expert mode) might do it.

Thank you PatK, that did the job. Since I don't use Confluance as a skin I was unable to go into the advanced mode or expert mode. After changing to Confluance I set the Expert Mode and changed the shutdown to shutdown computer. After that I could switch back to my normal skin and this time the computer was turning off like it should.

Many thanks for helping me out.
Smile 
(2015-02-06, 20:18)PatK Wrote: Settings>System>Power Saving>shutdown function (only advanced or expert mode) might do it.

thanks man, you help me a lot

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shutdown Windows doesn't work0