Req Removal of Settings from Main Menu
I would (as someone did in the "Main" thread before) request an option to remove the Settings from the Main Menu.
Let me elaborate.

My setup is used by my parents and my kid. Not that I wouldn't trust any of them, but at least one of the parties mentioned likes to fiddle around with whatever option is there.
I have set up Kodi with Eminence on a Raspberry Pi and have it set up to work with an Apple Remote via a GPIO connected IR receiver. There's only three (four of you count Settings) options on the Main Menu - Movies, Music, Documentaries.

I have set up the system so that pressing a key on the keyboard (which I only connect when doing my little administration) will activate the Settings (and ask for a password, of course).

I am aware that this is by no means a "secure" way of not having the Settings, it's just another way of
a) locking down the system against dumb users and
b) a way of cleaning up the interface.

I am using the fantastic Eminence because of it's visual simplicity - and not having a way to get rid of the Settings kinda hurts that simplicity.

By all means display a warning that one must have another way to get to System Settings before disabling it - but it sure would be highly appreciated if that option existed (for the time being I'd be more then happy to accept a hack/workaround :).

Thank you
Easiest way would be to create a tile on the home screen with the path
Code:
Skin.ToggleSetting(home.313.enabled)

Clicking that will disable the settings button. You will then need to leave the home screen and reenter for it to take effect properly. Once the button is disabled you can then remove the tile you created.

This is a foolproof way to do this (rather than just having an option) as it makes it necessary for you to have another way to access the settings screen before being able to completely disable the settings (because you need to get back to the settings to remove the tile that was created).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Works like a charm.
Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Removal of Settings from Main Menu1