Using EPG Collector with dvbviewer.
(2015-07-02, 20:59)billybob69 Wrote: EDIT:
The settings for Sky UK on the Tuning tab are 'Frequency' - 117788000 - V and 'Collection Type' of Open TV.

I downloaded the most recent version of EPG Centre but it didn't seem to have any pre-set settings in them, so downloaded an older version which seemed to have the settings for UK satellite EPG pre-set?

bb69
Thanks for updating - when I wrote the guide the defaults were in place. Will have to have a look at the newer version.

Edit: Just tried and it's working as expected (ie defaults are there) if you download version 4.2, unzip that to a folder and then over-write it with the latest hotfix (6 as of now).
I'll edit post #1 to reflect that.

Anyway glad you got it working.
Hi,

I'm not getting the EPG data for the UK radio stations. I've read that Sky don't provide EPG data for radio stations (I'm not sure if this is true or not), so have run a collection on FreeSat but that isn't giving me any radio EPG data either.

Anyone managing to get UK Radio EPG data via EPG Centre / Collector? If so, how are you doing it?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bb69
(2015-07-12, 12:37)billybob69 Wrote: Hi,

I'm not getting the EPG data for the UK radio stations. I've read that Sky don't provide EPG data for radio stations (I'm not sure if this is true or not), so have run a collection on FreeSat but that isn't giving me any radio EPG data either.

Anyone managing to get UK Radio EPG data via EPG Centre / Collector? If so, how are you doing it?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bb69

You could use webgrabplus, it will give you epg from the radiotimes listings
(2015-07-12, 16:43)komplex Wrote: You could use webgrabplus, it will give you epg from the radiotimes listings

Thanks. I've tried that several times on different PC's and can't even get to unzip so that it can be installed!
(2015-07-12, 16:43)komplex Wrote: You could use webgrabplus, it will give you epg from the radiotimes listings

Just for an update - managed to unzip it (it wouldn't unzip with RAR Frog!), install it and configure it to down EPG data. Configuring it isn't for the faint hearted!

Anyway I'm managing to download TV EPG data from radiotimes.com.xmltv, but doesn't seem have RADIO EPG data, so I've gone to radiotimes.com, but when I try to download RADIO EPG data from radiotimes.com, it's saying that there is no data there.

Can I check that radiotimes.com still provides XLMTV EPG data for UK Radio?
I just ran it with radiotimes.com details from webgrab and it grabbed data, just a bunch of randon radio stations from the bottom of the radiotimes.com.channels.xml http://pastebin.com/kkzcNMjQ This is what i used to test http://pastebin.com/ReiN46uZ
Hey thanks for the reply.

I copy and pasted the data straight from your configuration into my configuration document and the channels which pick up data for you give me a 'Cannot find any shows on the Index Page' error message.

Weird! I'll have to investigate it further :-(
The problem could be that the site was changed and the radiotimes.com.channels.xml wasn't updated, it's easily fixed but depending on how many stations you have it might take a few minutes

This is the channel id for BBC Asian network
Code:
<channel update="i" site="radiotimes.com" site_id="2006" xmltv_id="BBC Asian Network">BBC Asian Network</channel>
But if you look it up on the website its been changed

So replace site_id="2006" with site_id="11508" and you'll get correct data

I know it seems like a lot of work but once you set it up once you shouldn't have to touch it again unless adding or removing channels/stations
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I've checked the xmltv_id's on the radiotimes.com website against those in my configuration file and they are exactly the same, so I don't think that is it.

Any other suggestions gratefully accepted!

bb69
http://www.webgrabplus.com/content/canno...lease-help

Seems the guy there didn't update the base version and got your error. If it's not that you should try posting on their forums you'll get better help there Smile
Thanks for the reply.

Finally figured out what was wrong; I didn't have a radiotimes.com configurations settings file and a radiotimes.com.channels xml document in ProgramData/ServerCare/WebGrab folder. That is why it was giving me the 'cannot find any shows on the index page' error - it didn't have an index to start from.

Cheers.

bb69
Thanks for this, works great. Nearly perfect!

I've only just moved from NextPVR to DVBViewer.

The thing what DVBViewer doesn't seem to do is merge channels with the same name...

For instance, I have Channel 4, 7 times in my Channel list, and when I do a EPG collection, only one of these instances is populated?

Is there anyway to have either:

1. Channels merged
2. EPG populated on all
(2015-07-30, 13:27)peterc2609 Wrote: The thing what DVBViewer doesn't seem to do is merge channels with the same name...

For instance, I have Channel 4, 7 times in my Channel list, and when I do a EPG collection, only one of these instances is populated?

Is there anyway to have either:

1. Channels merged
2. EPG populated on all

You will probably get a definitive response if you post on the DVBViewer official forum, but this is my take;
I don't think that you can merge channels, but you can delete channels in Channel Manager so that you only have one entry of each channel (BTW: strictly speaking they aren't actually seven of the same channel, but a channel for each of the regions i.e. Channel 4 Midlands, Channel 4 Scotland etc).

What are you using to scrape your EPG data?
I use EPG Centre / Collector to pull the data and then Xepg to import the data into DVB Viewer. Within Xepg there is the opportunity to pair the data to each channel.

Hope this helps.

bb69
just to let you know that , this batch file is no longer working . trogggy

@echo OFF
xcopy /y "C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\skyuk\EPG Collector.ini" "C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\EPG Collector.ini"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Geekzone\EPG Collector\EPGCollector.exe"
xcopy /y "C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\skyitaly\EPG Collector.ini" "C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\EPG Collector.ini"
xcopy /y "C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\all\EPG Collector.ini" "C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\EPG Collector.ini"
xcopy /y "C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\FREEVIEW\EPG Collector.ini" "C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\EPG Collector.ini"
exit

I don't really know at what time it stopped working. ive just noticed recently that when it is collecting the epg it is just reading the EPG Collector.ini file which was created outside of the four above folders.
it no longer reads inside each individual folder as it once did...

any ideas trogggy where things have went wrong. ??

I think I have the answer....
the folder "mark" is now called "markb" in windows 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using EPG Collector with dvbviewer.0