Quality Under Linux on Shuttle XS35GT
I have an old Shuttle XS35GT (Intel ATOM 510 Dual Core, NVIDIA ION graphics) that I am working on running as backend PVR with frontend Kodi. The tuner is a HDHR-US. I have tested both mythtv and tvfrontend and I noticed that the quality of the picture is not good. It acts like it has bad reception and the video is breaking up. Playing the video on my laptop under Windows is good which rules out the the tuner and network. I have played with the acceleration options on the Shuttle, and I can get it looking better, but it is still not as good as if I plug the coaxial directly into the TV. The processors are not taking a heavy load unless I change the acceleration to only software. SD TV looks fine, but when tuning to an HD channel (MPEG2) there is a problem. I am currently using an Antenna, but I remember the same results with Cable.

Does my old Shuttle need replacing or is there something I could do? I may try installing a backend/frontend on the Dell L421X under Linux to compare, but thought I'd ask here first.
Drop the XS35GT from the highest building you can find. Ideally it hits the head of a member of the ignorant Shuttle staff responsible for not fixing the bug which makes the XS35GT just paper weight. On Linux GPU runs only half the speed it actually can do which makes it useless for HD content > 24fps.
I had this crap here for investigation but after a while of working with ignorant Shuttle support I sent it back.
Not exactly what I want to hear, but I did confirm that the issue is when the backend is on the XS35GT. Installing the mythtv backend on my laptop and using the XS35GT as a frontend works fine.

I will consider dropping it on a Shuttle Staff's head after I replace it, but it will likely head to eBay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quality Under Linux on Shuttle XS35GT0