PVR Backend recommendations
All

I am looking for recommendations for a PVR Backend.
I am running Windows 7 on my server
Ceton InfiniTV 6 ETH (6 tuner network device) with Comcast CableCard
Kodi Helix 14.1

I've tried ServerWMC. It was very easy to set up but channel changing is pretty slow 8-10 seconds) and not very customizable as far as filtering out unsubscribed cable channels

I'm currently running nextPVR. It was pretty difficult to set up but it is working. I can easily filter out channels and add channel logos but also very slow to change channels (8-10 seconds)

I've read Linux powered backends tend to run faster but, my Ceton Network tuner is not Linux compatible.

Thanks for your recommendations
I know the infinitv 4 works in linux, are you sure the 6 doesn't?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for your reply nickr

The 6 is a network device which uses a CableCard that dies not connect directly to a computer. Instead it connects to my switch I've had a couple Linux guys (Im more of a Windows guy) try to get it going for me in Ubuntu with no success.

If anyone has had success running on Linux PLEASE let me know how you did it or if any Linux people are interested in helping me PLEASE let me know
Looking at the mythtv wiki it looks like only the 4 (and a couple of other tuners) work. Sorry for raising your hopes.

You say the only problem with nextpvr is channel change time. With respect, stop using live tv. Record what you want and watch it when you want. You'll never be bothered with channel change time again.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I would MUCH rather not watch live TV, believe me. My problem is there are "others" in the house who think they must watch TV live. I'm open to suggestions on how to convince "others" they don't need live TV
Baseball bat? Turn off livetv? Lol.
hahah Don't tempt me
I have a HDHomerun Prime and it was NO LOVE. TWC in my town marks EVERYTHING "copy once"(except OTA channels which I think legally it can't) and I did not care for Windows Media Center.
I now also have a HDHomeRun/Myth server all set for OTA Live TV on my Kodi/Openelec frontend.

If TWC was not such a spawn of evil, I could of kept their service and not gotten an eye patch and parrot.

Does anyone have direct experience with Myth vs the rest?
I am trying to set M3U Play List URL. When I click the URL box I cannot see any alphabet and numbers att all except "BackSoace, Done, Capslock, Shift, Symbols, Space, IP Address, and <>. Can you help me how to get the alphabet/numbers in keyboard. I am using Kodi 14.1 Helix anroid version
I too am considering moving from the slow-as-crap-buggy-as-crazy-wife-screaming windows version of:

ceton/6/eth
+ nextPVR (now 3.6.x today) running on windows 7
+ kodi running on google nexus hockey puck
gig eth running to all 3 devices (ceton-windows-nexus)

Latest guess as to a decent way forward is to ditch windows and try and setup a linux box.

Anyone have any luck?
Anyone have any pity?
Almost time for another cable box?
Pretty sure mythtv works with the ceton tuners, but ask on the mythtv-user mailing list.
(2016-02-16, 04:59)fredsterl Wrote: I too am considering moving from the slow-as-crap-buggy-as-crazy-wife-screaming windows version of:

ceton/6/eth
+ nextPVR (now 3.6.x today) running on windows 7
+ kodi running on google nexus hockey puck
gig eth running to all 3 devices (ceton-windows-nexus)
I'm always happy to hear about any bugs you're seeing, and will do my best fix them (at least on the NextPVR side of things). If you do want to go down that path, post the details of the problems over at the NextPVR forums, and I'll help you through them.

I probably can't help with any kodi-on-nexus specific bugs though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Backend recommendations0