making subtitle icon to appear as first in submenu
Hi Guys,

I wonder if there is any way to make the "subtitle-icon" the first one which appears when I hit [enter] during playback. Right now, when I hit [enter] the first icon that appears is the [back] button, but i like it to be the subtitle button because its a long way to it (5 times to-the-left or 18 times to-the-right). Any suggestions?

tia,
koerper
Wouldn't it be easier to use a remote or keyboard key mapped to subtitle to do that? If you have a key or key combo available, edit the <FullscreenVideo> section to add your key with the action ActivateWindow(subtitlesearch). If you really want to modify how the menu works, you need to edit the skin file "includes.xml". Open in an editor and scroll down to find "<include name="VideoOSD_Content">" and in that section you need to edit "<focusposition>6</focusposition>. It is numbered starting from "0", so I think maybe "1" would work. But what you have to consider is that the "focusposition" is tied to the item order in the list, and for different video types (and if you customize the menu to hide items) then what item is "1" will change, so you might not get the behavior you want in different scenarios.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Hi scott s.,

thank you very much. Exact the information I was looking for.
And I think I will go with your suggestion no.1.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
making subtitle icon to appear as first in submenu0