Fast Forward & Rewind issues Kodi 14.1
is anyone having issues with fast forward and rewind since moving to v14?

I'm finding that the fast forward will stop at approximately 1 minute intervals before continuing. It seems okay at 2x , but anything faster I get the 1 minute stalls.
I'm having issues since moving to kodi but, mine are more to do with controls, i haven't even got as far as playing movies yet.
Yes I am having issues with fast foward and rewind with Kodi. It's choppy, speeds up, slows down and increasing speed doesn't have much impact.
I've been running v15.2 and the FF and RW works much better now.
I have been having this rewind issue on every version of Isengard since it was released. This happens on every computer I have installed on.
This old Youtube video show the exact same issue I am having. Using Windows 8.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9sHjwBFvsA
I've just upgraded to 15.1 and this issue is still present - are others having the same issue?
From my experience, it differs from file to file. In most cases I do not use the fast forward, I use the "jump 30 seconds ahead" function.
Reasons for this:
Fast forward needs a lot of GPU and CPU power for HD content, as all pictures need to be decode. Fast backward is even more hard to realize due to the system, how video compression works. It uses reference frames from which the next n-frames are need to be calculated.
If you use media files with very less reference frames, it takes even more time to calculate the images between those two frames.

Please try a .ts file, for example. This transport stream is designed for FF and FW functionality and should work better.

It would also be good to provide more information about your media files, which make problems. Or are you talking about LiveTV?
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
Same here with 15.x, such a basic feature how did this get past testing?
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
because none of us actually use that old fashioned way of ffwd. Most of us use skip steps.
Also out of the many thousands of test users no actually reported it not working
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Actually fast forward and rewind is a much better way of advancing or backing up a video...if it worked properly. Because you have better control over where to actually stop a video in the place you want.
(2015-08-21, 14:19)Martijn Wrote: because none of us actually use that old fashioned way of ffwd. Most of us use skip steps.
Also out of the many thousands of test users no actually reported it not working
I saw it reported many times in the bug report search.
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
Came here to comment on this. It's pretty bad. I cannot rewind at all on a high spec machine and gigabit network. Plex on the otherhand does not have an issue at all with the same video.

For skipping instead, is this an option in Kodi?

Edit: nm I saw the wiki for editing the settings
Commented in a different thread: 2086588 (post)
but FF works, Rewind doesn't with DXVA2 enabled.

scott s.
(2015-08-21, 14:19)Martijn Wrote: because none of us actually use that old fashioned way of ffwd. Most of us use skip steps.

How do you change it so that it skips steps instead of rewinding and fast forwarding?
I have the same problem since v15.
FF works, Rewind doesn't.
Problem still exists in 15.1 on Win 8.1.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fast Forward & Rewind issues Kodi 14.10