Fast Forward & Rewind issues Kodi 14.1
I've been having issues too. I prefer the old way and only have 10s- and 10s+ enabled, with 0 delay.

For whatever reason it seemed to get much worse with 15.1. Seeking seems way slower even with no delay, and while the timer updates when I fast forward or rewind the video doesn't update immediately and waits what feels like a second. Rapidly short seeking is buggy and feels like it misses presses. We're not talking ridiculous rapid presses, we're talking "tap tap tap" to skip a scene/intro/whatever without knowing how far you want to skip in advance. It's really quite frustrating to use. Sad
(2015-08-25, 18:46)garretn Wrote: I've been having issues too. I prefer the old way and only have 10s- and 10s+ enabled, with 0 delay.

For whatever reason it seemed to get much worse with 15.1. Seeking seems way slower even with no delay, and while the timer updates when I fast forward or rewind the video doesn't update immediately and waits what feels like a second. Rapidly short seeking is buggy and feels like it misses presses. We're not talking ridiculous rapid presses, we're talking "tap tap tap" to skip a scene/intro/whatever without knowing how far you want to skip in advance. It's really quite frustrating to use. Sad

This thread is talking about fast forward and rewind issues, not seek steps. Seek steps can be configured to work exactly like they did in v14. If you are having an issue with seek steps then please start a new thread, as there are no open issues that I know of for seek steps.
(2015-08-23, 12:53)Zaaacharias Wrote: I have the same problem since v15.
FF works, Rewind doesn't.
Problem still exists in 15.1 on Win 8.1.

I have the same problem with 15.1 on Win10
I have DXVA2 disabled, I've seen no improvement in behavior. Both fast forward and rewind are broken Sad

I also take issue with Martijn saying it's never been reported. It has. It's been reporting since at least Isengard RC2. Martijn, at the very least this major bug should be listed in the release notes.

(2015-08-22, 04:33)scott967 Wrote: Commented in a different thread: 2086588 (post)
but FF works, Rewind doesn't with DXVA2 enabled.

scott s.
A quick search of the Kodi Issue Tracking System (http://trac.kodi.tv/) shows no tickets raised against Kodi 15.x for either FFWD/Rewind issues nor DXVA2 issues (well, none that I could see).

Maybe that would be a good starting point for someone who has got a solid repro with a vanilla setup (i.e. no 3rd party addons), and can validate whether problem is being seen in the DX11 build (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=218274), and can provide Debug logs, DXDiag logs, MSConfig logs, anything else asked for, and be in a position to test privates/nightlies?

I mean this sincerely as it is clear from the number of threads popping up around this general topic that it is causing frustration from the Dev team and Kodi users.
Kodi 17.6 on multiple Windows 10 x64 machines with shared MySQL 5.6.43 database. Kodi 18 on Xbox One. Content (music, video, photos) stored on Windows Server 2012 R2 file server and accessed by SMB.
I can confirm it occurs on the DX11 build as well.

I am willing to provide any logs requested, test any build, etc.
I searched and found a ticket for 15.x with FF/Rew issues.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16158
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
try the builds mentioned here for possible fix
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233293
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Initial testing looks promising. Thanks!
I can't believe the 15.2 never entirely fixed the rewind problem. It takes several seconds for the artifacts to go away after rewinding. Even the build notes admit it's not entirely working.

"Fix video rewind on Windows. May still leave artifacts for some seconds."
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fast Forward & Rewind issues Kodi 14.10