Linux Issue getting controller recognized inside mupen64plus from kodi.
Hello,

I am currently using a media center running xbmcbuntu (I guess kodibuntu now) with the following specs:

-- ubuntu trusy repositories
-- kodi version 2:14.1~git20150130.1238-final-0trusty (from the repository)
-- mupen64plus version 2.0+1
-- using romcollectionbrowser to launch emulator games

I have this usb controller which I am having difficulty using inside of the mupen64plus emulator, when launched from kodi.

Things that do/don't work:

1) When using the kodi desktop environment (as would by my goal, as this is a dedicated media center) the kernel recognizes the controller properly, however when I launch a game mupen64plus does not load the controller (and so it doesn't work).

2) If I launch kodi within the kde desktop environment, and then launch a game from within kodi, mupen64plus recognizes the controller and everything works properly as expected. While this has been working, it's a rather messy solution, as the switching back and forth doesn't work to well, nor does fullscreen.

I've done some googling, and it seemed that someone somewhere on another forum had a similar issue with another desktop environment (I cannot for the life of me find the thread anymore). They claimed to have resolved the issue, but the only thing they said was that it was related to the way X was started or something along those lines. So, I'm guessing it has something to do with how X input devices are configured within the kodi desktop environment? I don't really know enough about how these aspects of linux/kodi function, so I was hoping someone here could provide some input.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I am having virtually same issue (thank you cricket for putting into words what I was having difficulty doing), I'm running Lubuntu (Ubuntu 14.10) and within the regular desktop environment controller works just fine (whether ran from kodi or straight from commandline) but if I use kodi as my desktop and run mupen64plus it does not recognize my controller. I run zsnes and mednafen from kodi and they recognize the controller just fine. I wish mupen64plus had a "in emulator" controller configuration like the other two emulators. I'm hoping someone can shine some light on this issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issue getting controller recognized inside mupen64plus from kodi.0