Bug Bug Reports
On Krypton, the top left icon is missing most of the time, in most add-ons. Anyone else getting this?

I am not sure if this is a bug with the Eminence skin or with with Kodi itself. The problem happens with beta 6 and 7 of Kodi Krypton. Kodi is running on a Sony Android TV.

When I view the recorded programmes screen it looks like this - there is a list of all the recorded files on the left and at the right I see a summary of the selected file and an image.

If I play a recorded show then press the Back key while it is playing (without stopping playback first), it returns to the recorded programmes screen but the list content on the left is invisible. The programme description and live video playing appear on the right. I can use the direction keys on the remote and move up and down in the invisible list and the description of the selected item updates in the panel on the right as I move up and down.

Note that in the screenshot I have modified the view so that the scrollbar always displays. The problem still happens on non-modified version of Eminence. I have replicated it on an Samsung Android tablet device too.

The problem is NOT occurring on Kodi running on a Windows 10 PC which is why I am not sure if the problem is with Kodi or the skin.

UPDATE: Same problem happens with Artic Zephyr skin

ANOTHER UPDATE: I can workaround this problem by changing the code in Includes_PVR.xml so that the MyPVRRecordings dialogue does not show the live video in the window on the right when returning to the list of recordings.

Code:
<include name="PVR_InfoBox">
        <control type="group">
            <right>0</right>
            <width>720</width>
            <height>posterh</height>
            <control type="group">
                <width>100%</width>
                <height>405</height>
                <include>Object_Background</include>
                <control type="image">
                    <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
                    <fadetime>200</fadetime>
                    <texture background="true">$VAR[Image_PVRThumb]</texture>
<!-- Remove the logic to display recording thumbnail only when no video playing.  Always display thumbnail
                    <visible>!Player.HasVideo</visible>
-->
                </control>
<!-- Remove the logic to display video playing in background
                <control type="videowindow">
                    <visible>Player.HasVideo</visible>
                </control>
-->
            </control>
Hi, this is my first post.
Great skin, very consistent and reliable. Hubs are an excellent idea.

I don't know if it is a bug or by design but the rss feed does not display when the home bar is set to text only. RSS appears correctly when set to Tiles.

Using latest skin release on Krypton rc2

Cheap android TV box (Beelink MX, s905)
Android 5.1.1

HDMI to VGA out to a 1680x1050 monitor

Screen is properly calibrated and I have checked for the rss feed appearing in an overscan area.

Any thoughts?
OK. Second post 8->

It is essential to see the playing video when adjusting audio offset. In previous releases the audio dialogue would disappear leaving only the offset control above the screen. The current release hides the video behind the audio dialogue.
Flashing info when video starts:
This is the best skin. So customizable, so elegant. After a while of using it it developed the following bug.
As soon as a video plays, the overlay with the title and the play icons etc flickers / flashes. It used to display for a few seconds and then fade/move out. Instead now, it flickers during that time until it stops flickering.
I don't want to re-install - i've customized it to exactly how like it.
Suggestions?
(2016-12-25, 07:11)toii Wrote: I am not sure if this is a bug with the Eminence skin or with with Kodi itself. The problem happens with beta 6 and 7 of Kodi Krypton. Kodi is running on a Sony Android TV.

When I view the recorded programmes screen it looks like this - there is a list of all the recorded files on the left and at the right I see a summary of the selected file and an image.

If I play a recorded show then press the Back key while it is playing (without stopping playback first), it returns to the recorded programmes screen but the list content on the left is invisible. The programme description and live video playing appear on the right. I can use the direction keys on the remote and move up and down in the invisible list and the description of the selected item updates in the panel on the right as I move up and down.

Note that in the screenshot I have modified the view so that the scrollbar always displays. The problem still happens on non-modified version of Eminence. I have replicated it on an Samsung Android tablet device too.

The problem is NOT occurring on Kodi running on a Windows 10 PC which is why I am not sure if the problem is with Kodi or the skin.

ANOTHER UPDATE: I can workaround this problem by changing the code in Includes_PVR.xml so that the MyPVRRecordings dialogue does not show the live video in the window on the right when returning to the list of recordings.

I assume you have the Show Video in Background option enabled in skin settings. I think there are some problems with showing two videowindows at the same time. I've added a condition to only show the videowindow in PVR if this option is disabled, thus preventing this issue. Can you test with latest git to confirm?

(2017-01-07, 00:10)mr.igor Wrote: Hi, this is my first post.
Great skin, very consistent and reliable. Hubs are an excellent idea.

I don't know if it is a bug or by design but the rss feed does not display when the home bar is set to text only. RSS appears correctly when set to Tiles.

Using latest skin release on Krypton rc2

Cheap android TV box (Beelink MX, s905)
Android 5.1.1

HDMI to VGA out to a 1680x1050 monitor

Screen is properly calibrated and I have checked for the rss feed appearing in an overscan area.

Any thoughts?
Thanks, yes it was disabled for text only. I can't remember if I had a reason for it, but it should be fixed on latest git (update will be pushed to kodi repo sometime in the next week).

(2017-01-07, 01:49)mr.igor Wrote: OK. Second post 8->

It is essential to see the playing video when adjusting audio offset. In previous releases the audio dialogue would disappear leaving only the offset control above the screen. The current release hides the video behind the audio dialogue.
Fixed Smile

(2017-01-17, 18:55)Bigmozzarella Wrote: Flashing info when video starts:
This is the best skin. So customizable, so elegant. After a while of using it it developed the following bug.
As soon as a video plays, the overlay with the title and the play icons etc flickers / flashes. It used to display for a few seconds and then fade/move out. Instead now, it flickers during that time until it stops flickering.
I don't want to re-install - i've customized it to exactly how like it.
Suggestions?
Thanks,
I can't reproduce this bug, works fine for me. Have you changed dirty regions settings in advancedsettings? If you have changed dirty regions settings this might be culprit (just a long shot guess though).

If you need to backup your skin settings there is an option in Skin Settings to backup to a zip file and you can restore from that zip (only saves skin settings though - so only options set in the skin settings area, not other system settings). Though skin settings remain regardless if you reinstall the skin as they aren't saved inside the skin folder, but in another kodi folder.

You will have to add a source in kodi's file manager pointing to the zip location in order access it from the restore dialog in skin settings.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2017-01-19, 02:38)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2016-12-25, 07:11)toii Wrote: I am not sure if this is a bug with the Eminence skin or with with Kodi itself. The problem happens with beta 6 and 7 of Kodi Krypton. Kodi is running on a Sony Android TV.

I assume you have the Show Video in Background option enabled in skin settings. I think there are some problems with showing two videowindows at the same time. I've added a condition to only show the videowindow in PVR if this option is disabled, thus preventing this issue. Can you test with latest git to confirm?

No I didnt have 'Show Video in Background' enabled. It was only trying to display the video in the small window on the right. I will try out your change on the Android device when I am back in a few days but if it is checking this option I dont think the change will have any effect (I have a feeling this is not a skin issue since same configuration on Windows does not exhibit the problem). For my workaround I permanently disabled video display in that small window and enabled the Show Video in Background option instead - this works fine.
(2017-01-19, 03:10)toii Wrote: No I didnt have 'Show Video in Background' enabled. It was only trying to display the video in the small window on the right. I will try out your change on the Android device when I am back in a few days but if it is checking this option I dont think the change will have any effect (I have a feeling this is not a skin issue since same configuration on Windows does not exhibit the problem). For my workaround I permanently disabled video display in that small window and enabled the Show Video in Background option instead - this works fine.

In a roundabout way the change I made might fix it, as now enabling Show Video in Background will disable the little video window effectively giving you the exact same setup as you have now. (here's hoping).
(2017-01-19, 04:44)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-01-19, 03:10)toii Wrote: No I didnt have 'Show Video in Background' enabled. It was only trying to display the video in the small window on the right. I will try out your change on the Android device when I am back in a few days but if it is checking this option I dont think the change will have any effect (I have a feeling this is not a skin issue since same configuration on Windows does not exhibit the problem). For my workaround I permanently disabled video display in that small window and enabled the Show Video in Background option instead - this works fine.

In a roundabout way the change I made might fix it, as now enabling Show Video in Background will disable the little video window effectively giving you the exact same setup as you have now. (here's hoping).

Yes I have tested with your update and it achieves the same outcome if I have the background video option enabled. Since I originally reported the problem I have upgraded Kodi to latest Krypton RC and I can confirm the issue still exists if I don't have background video enabled. I have background video now so its no longer a problem for me. Thanks for your help.
I've just updated to Krypton and the new version of Eminence is working great, bar one issue. The volume and volume amplification sliders don't move at all via the audio dialogue in the player overlay. Looking at the debug log it appears that something may be referring to the wrong setting keys; which have most likely changed since Jarvis.

Code:
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audio.volume) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audio.volumeamplification) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audio.delay) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audio.stream) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audio.outputtoallspeakers) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audio.digitalanalog) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (subtitles.enable) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (subtitles.delay) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (subtitles.stream) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (subtitles.browser) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audio.makedefault) was not found.

I've seen no other mention of this issue, but I did try pulling down the master branch from Github and the issue didn't seem to have been resolved yet.
(2017-02-11, 16:39)dcrdev Wrote: I've just updated to Krypton and the new version of Eminence is working great, bar one issue. The volume and volume amplification sliders don't move at all via the audio dialogue in the player overlay. Looking at the debug log it appears that something may be referring to the wrong setting keys; which have most likely changed since Jarvis.

Code:
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audio.volume) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audio.volumeamplification) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audio.delay) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audio.stream) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audio.outputtoallspeakers) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audio.digitalanalog) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (subtitles.enable) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (subtitles.delay) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (subtitles.stream) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (subtitles.browser) was not found.
14:15:48.114 T:140667480039104   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (audio.makedefault) was not found.

I've seen no other mention of this issue, but I did try pulling down the master branch from Github and the issue didn't seem to have been resolved yet.

Don't think this is a skin issue. Looks like a core issue. Though I did see some mention of this when there was two versions of the skin in different locations (i.e. and old version and a new version).

Can you confirm what version of the skin you have by going to Settings > Addons > My Addons > Look and Feel > Skins > Eminence > Info
Repo version should be 2.5.18
Github version should be 2.5.32

Also please check if you get these errors with default skin (Estuary), because if you do then that confirms that its not a skin issue.
@dcrdev
@jurialmunkey
re: volume sliders

I have noticed this off and on. The sliders do move but they have to be selected first. Move the focus onto the slider with the remote then press the select or centre button. Now the slider will move as commanded.

I have not traced this to the skin or the Kodi build. Just wrote off as one of those low grade annoyances that crop up.
(2017-02-12, 04:31)mr.igor Wrote: @dcrdev
@jurialmunkey

I have noticed this off and on. The sliders do move but they have to be selected first. Move the focus onto the slider with the remote then press the select or centre button. Now the slider will move as commanded.

I have not traced this to the skin or the Kodi build. Just wrote off as one of those low grade annoyances that crop up.

Ah ok, I see what the issue is. I thought it was a problem with them not sliding at all.
Yes can confirm that since Krypton you need to click on slider controls first before you can change their value. This was a core change so nothing much I can do about it (though I do agree does not feel as intuitive to have to click first, I can understand the idea behind it - to prevent accidentally changing values when trying to navigate to the side).
(2017-02-12, 05:19)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2017-02-12, 04:31)mr.igor Wrote: @dcrdev
@jurialmunkey

Ah ok, I see what the issue is. I thought it was a problem with them not sliding at all.
Yes can confirm that since Krypton you need to click on slider controls first before you can change their value. This was a core change so nothing much I can do about it (though I do agree does not feel as intuitive to have to click first, I can understand the idea behind it - to prevent accidentally changing values when trying to navigate to the side).

Right thanks both - I just assumed given the errors that it was throwing that it was a skin issue. It's really not intuitive at all, had you not mentioned the change I would not have thought to try this.
Good afternoon, guys. So today I opened my kodi (with Eminence of course), and noticed that my widgets didn't work properly. I Usually saw a list of the movies, but now I just saw one movie. Just like the picture below. Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug Reports0