skin settings
home
show widget posters

Three options, don't select "never".
8->
Hi Jurialmunkey,

couple of things need fixing:

Change:
Defs_SpinnerTexture - SkinHelper.SpinnerTexturePath to SkinHelper.SpinnerTexture.Path

Because spinner selection is broken.

Remove:
Visibility condition from Defs_Shortcuts_SetHub
<visible>stringcompare(Window.Property(groupname),mainmenu)</visible>

Because if I want to link to another HUB from within a HUB or submenu there was no way to edit the hub items unless they were first added as a main menu item and configured that way.
Hi everyone, I ask a question, why I can not find a solution, install the Eminence , everything works correctly, but I have problems with the PVR section, the first time I enter everything looks correctly, when I go to a channel, it plays well , The problem is to return to the channel list, only the channel miniature (it is as if it does not load the skin) this happens to me only in the Nvidia Shiled, in the pc walks correctly.

Here is the image where the problem is seen:

If I disable the hardware acceleration option, it works fine but it makes kodi slow.

Sorry for my bad English, I only speak Spanish.
(2017-03-10, 19:45)loggio Wrote: Hi Jurialmunkey,

couple of things need fixing:

Change:
Defs_SpinnerTexture - SkinHelper.SpinnerTexturePath to SkinHelper.SpinnerTexture.Path

Because spinner selection is broken.

Remove:
Visibility condition from Defs_Shortcuts_SetHub
<visible>stringcompare(Window.Property(groupname),mainmenu)</visible>

Because if I want to link to another HUB from within a HUB or submenu there was no way to edit the hub items unless they were first added as a main menu item and configured that way.
Sorry I completely missed your post, have been very busy the last few months. All fixed on git now. Thanks for reporting these and pointing out the fixes Big Grin

(2017-06-16, 22:35)manuelriver36 Wrote: Hi everyone, I ask a question, why I can not find a solution, install the Eminence , everything works correctly, but I have problems with the PVR section, the first time I enter everything looks correctly, when I go to a channel, it plays well , The problem is to return to the channel list, only the channel miniature (it is as if it does not load the skin) this happens to me only in the Nvidia Shiled, in the pc walks correctly.
Here is the image where the problem is seen

If I disable the hardware acceleration option, it works fine but it makes kodi slow.

Sorry for my bad English, I only speak Spanish.

If you look back a page in the bug reports you will see other people with the same issue. Android boxes don't like picture in a window, so the solution is to turn on the following option
Skin Settings > Background > Show background video (turn it on).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Since the latest Eminence 2.5.46 I have a problem when using mouse support. When I drag the mouse near the centre  screen the "View Options" menu overlays the screen preventing any other object selection, such as a streaming source. I have Icon View selected by default, so I wonder why the new style View Options Widget pops in and wont go away to allow proper object selection of my streaming source.

Is there a tweak somewhere I missed? This bug was  introduced with Eminence 2.5.46, so I rolled bac to 2.5.42, Not in love with the center screen widget, Disabling mouse fixes this quirk, but I  find the mouse pointer useful to get around.

Using an Android Box w/5.1.1 -- Very plain jane hardware and no extra gack installed either, Keyboard is Logitech K400 w/touchpad.

reproduce-able anyone? previously reported? if so my apologies.
@newsbeast
I have the same sort of hardware but I use an old phone with Yatse installed as a remote for Kodi, and DroidMote for Android in general.

Yup, same thing happens so it ain't just you.

Note that Eminence says somewhere that rodents aren't supported.

It would be nice to have some attention paid to cursor based control but with Yatse I realy don't need either a mouse or a keyboard.

I do have a wireless mouse attached because sometimes it is extremely convenient but 98% of the time I just leave it off.
(2017-12-02, 13:31)newsbeast Wrote: Since the latest Eminence 2.5.46 I have a problem when using mouse support. When I drag the mouse near the centre  screen the "View Options" menu overlays the screen preventing any other object selection, such as a streaming source. I have Icon View selected by default, so I wonder why the new style View Options Widget pops in and wont go away to allow proper object selection of my streaming source.

Is there a tweak somewhere I missed? This bug was  introduced with Eminence 2.5.46, so I rolled bac to 2.5.42, Not in love with the center screen widget, Disabling mouse fixes this quirk, but I  find the mouse pointer useful to get around.

Using an Android Box w/5.1.1 -- Very plain jane hardware and no extra gack installed either, Keyboard is Logitech K400 w/touchpad.

reproduce-able anyone? previously reported? if so my apologies.

The skin has never officially supported mouse/touch. However, in skin settings you can easily disable the vertical menus and go back to horizontal ones.
Skin Settings > Miscellaneous > Prefer vertical context/view menus.

(2017-12-02, 18:11)mr.igor Wrote: @newsbeast
I have the same sort of hardware but I use an old phone with Yatse installed as a remote for Kodi, and DroidMote for Android in general.

Yup, same thing happens so it ain't just you.

Note that Eminence says somewhere that rodents aren't supported.

It would be nice to have some attention paid to cursor based control but with Yatse I realy don't need either a mouse or a keyboard.

I do have a wireless mouse attached because sometimes it is extremely convenient but 98% of the time I just leave it off.
See above answer.

Most things work with mouse, but honestly it is really difficult to incorporate mouse and touch control without compromising on other elements (there is a reason Estouchy exists as a separate skin from Estuary). The skin is designed to be used with a remote - you can pick up usb IR remotes pretty cheaply on ebay.
Wow that worked, Thanks to you @jurialmunkey for pointing out the Miscellaneous Option. Although I can't remember that vertical context menus were  default in the previous version. And I was pretty happy with Eminence for well over a year -- never looked much beyond the basic  defaults because it just worked. So having the Vertical Context menus as default in the current update was the surprise. Love Eminence   because its easy on the eye, brain and fast loading/responsive. Set it up and forgot about it a while ago -- well over a year now -- until  this little tweak happened, or maybe vertical context menus were always the default and I managed to turn it off long ago and forgot.

Cheers,

We now return to regularly scheduled viewing
(2017-12-03, 02:30)newsbeast Wrote: Wow that worked, Thanks to you @jurialmunkey for pointing out the Miscellaneous Option. Although I can't remember that vertical context menus were  default in the previous version. And I was pretty happy with Eminence for well over a year -- never looked much beyond the basic  defaults because it just worked. So having the Vertical Context menus as default in the current update was the surprise. Love Eminence   because its easy on the eye, brain and fast loading/responsive. Set it up and forgot about it a while ago -- well over a year now -- until  this little tweak happened, or maybe vertical context menus were always the default and I managed to turn it off long ago and forgot.

Horizontal was originally the default. However, vertical has been the default on the github version for a number of months. I've just been really busy, so never got around to making an official repo update with the changes until the last week.
As I've never done any skinning I can't say for sure if this is a bug (or possibly working as intended) but I have from time to time noticed widgets on the Eminence 2 home screen will get a 'stuck' {plot} (won't change on advancing through items).

Then having recently coded my own plugin to provide a widget source I noticed something similar when my source was returning new ListItems. Most of the new infoLabel values were correctly reflected in the widget with the exception of {plot}.

I think it's related to this block in Includes_Label.xml:
Code:
    <variable name="Label_HomeWidget_Plot">
        <value condition="[String.IsEqual(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widget),Weather) | [String.IsEmpty(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widget)) + [String.IsEqual(Skin.String(home.fallbackwidget),Weather) | String.IsEqual(Skin.String(home.fallbackwidget.node),Weather)]]] + System.HasAddon(resource.images.weatherfanart.multi)">$INFO[Window(weather).Property(Current.FeelsLike),$LOCALIZE[402] ,]$INFO[System.TemperatureUnits]$INFO[Window(weather).Property(Current.WindSpeed),[CR], ]$INFO[Window(weather).Property(Current.WindDirection),, [LOWERCASE]$LOCALIZE[404][/LOWERCASE]]$INFO[Window(weather).Property(Current.Humidity),[CR], [LOWERCASE]$LOCALIZE[406][/LOWERCASE]]</value>
    <!--<value condition="!Container(9001).IsUpdating + !String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Plot))">$INFO[Window(Home).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Plot)]</value>-->
        <value condition="!Container(9001).IsUpdating">$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Plot]$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.Property(Album_Description)]$INFO[Container(9001).ListItem.AddonDescription]</value>
    </variable>

Where you can see I've commented out a line that *appears* to my eye to copy {plot} from the extant control instance. As said I don't really understand skinning or the intention of this line but commenting it out seems to have fixed the issue for my widget source (and I suspect might put paid to the aforementioned 'stuck' {plot} previously seen with other built-in sources).
Hi,

I'm running Kodi 18.5 with eminence skin installed from Kodi repository. Everything works fine just one thing bothers me: while playing movie I can't activate context menu for "volume amplification". It seems that it's not available in this skin.
Please, if you know how to get into this menu let me know.

Thanks for help
I have a problem. The status of the TV program is not shown. So you can't see what stage I'm at.
I have only noticed this when using Eminence skin which is my favorite. When playing a movie with plex kodi add on the move timeline and count down the movie time always stays on. When the menu bar goes away this still remains. Cannot figure out why?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug Reports0