Bug Bug Reports
Some other "bugs"
- It's not possible to readd the "file browser" panel if you accidently deleted it. You would have to set it up manually which is a little PITA
- as pointed out by someone, would be nice to have a panel preset to access the main "favourites" window and not a single favourite

added these to the list above and marked fixed ones as such
I know this is more a feature request but related to the seek indication bug/issue mentioned earlier. For I*** there is now a new variable that can be used in skins to indicate the seek amount of the new smart seek feature ( PR6387 ). I thought this could be shown in top right corner and overlay the clock. Will try to fix/implement it myself and PR it to your repo, but no idea if I manage to do it.
(2015-02-12, 04:57)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2015-02-12, 01:55)Woppie Wrote: (1) Translated labels on the home screen. They should be Dutch in my case but are still English. In the past I fixed this and I believe I shared the fix but can't find it back and don't have the time to look back into it atm.

1. Whatever language is selected when the skin initialises will be what the home screen is set as. Not much I can do about this I'm afraid. To change the language you either need to edit each title individually or you can reinitialise the skin (losing any changes you have made). Skin Settings > Advanced > Reinit.

I remade the fix, I knew this was a bug Smile

To fix it open includes_home.xml
For item 307 (weather) you have to fix line 442

Code:
<include>Home-Menu-Label</include>
<label>$INFO[Skin.String(home.307.Label)]</label>

To:
Code:
<label>$LOCALIZE[8]</label>

Maybe if I got some more time today I will provide a fixed includes_home.xml so everyone can enjoy the correct labels for their language Smile

Edit:
XML with fixed labels: http://dumptext.com/WOEqN6g6
(2015-02-12, 16:14)Woppie Wrote: I remade the fix, I knew this was a bug Smile

To fix it open includes_home.xml
For item 307 (weather) you have to fix line 442

Code:
<label>$INFO[Skin.String(home.307.Label)]</label>

To:
Code:
<label>$LOCALIZE[8]</label>
Then you can't customise the tiles - the tile at position 7 will be forever stuck as weather. The weather tile takes that label on skin init (you can see how that happens in Startup.xml) - thats why you need to choose a language and then reinitialise the skin. There is no way to switch between languages that does not involve a skin reinitialisation. Believe me when I say that there is nothing you can do about this that wont impact other aspects of the skin.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
I did exactly that and it isn't working for me, this is the only skin that does this.
But I don't really care about the order, it's fine as it is.
Just don't get it, the os (Win 8.1) is Dutch, everything is Dutch in the settings and the home menu refuses even after reinitialising the skin.
Still I'm not planning fixing this every time there's an update, when I got loads of time I might look into it some more as it really appears as a bug to me.
(2015-02-13, 00:36)Woppie Wrote: I did exactly that and it isn't working for me, this is the only skin that does this.
But I don't really care about the order, it's fine as it is.
Just don't get it, the os (Win 8.1) is Dutch, everything is Dutch in the settings and the home menu refuses even after reinitialising the skin.
Still I'm not planning fixing this every time there's an update, when I got loads of time I might look into it some more as it really appears as a bug to me.

Works fine for me. Set Language to Dutch in Appearance Settings > International. Then go to Skin Settings > Advanced > Skin reinitialise. All home screen tiles are now in Dutch.

When it says "Aan het laden... eminence" - just let it finish and don't press anything because otherwise it wont reinitialise properly.
Two new findings I also added to the list in first post:
  • even with GIT from 12.02.2015 I'm occasionally trapped in Music Visualisation window. Pressing back will only trigger the OSD and hide it again and when I stop playback I end up in the homescreen widget with hidden menu
  • it appears that a dialog is missing. When I try to browse for a share and it requires credentials to be accessed, the dialog to enter the credentials doesn't show up in Eminence
(2015-02-14, 11:35)da-anda Wrote: Two new findings I also added to the list in first post:
  • even with GIT from 12.02.2015 I'm occasionally trapped in Music Visualisation window. Pressing back will only trigger the OSD and hide it again and when I stop playback I end up in the homescreen widget with hidden menu
  • it appears that a dialog is missing. When I try to browse for a share and it requires credentials to be accessed, the dialog to enter the credentials doesn't show up in Eminence
I still have no idea what could be cause the first issue and I haven't encountered it as yet.

For the second, do you have an idea of what dialog it is? Can you drop the this custom_debug_overlay file into the 1080i folder and change the visible tag at line 7 from false to true (so the debug overlay will show up). Then let me know what the dialog is and maybe a screenshot of the dialog in confluence? I have no idea what this dialog might be... I dont have any network shares requiring a password/username.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jurial...verlay.xml
(2015-02-27, 06:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: For the second, do you have an idea of what dialog it is? Can you drop the this custom_debug_overlay file into the 1080i folder and change the visible tag at line 7 from false to true (so the debug overlay will show up). Then let me know what the dialog is and maybe a screenshot of the dialog in confluence? I have no idea what this dialog might be... I dont have any network shares requiring a password/username.
It's "LockSettings.xml". On the upper right corner I could see the labels of the focused item, but the dialog itself was not visible. Maybe it's just hidden by another dialog. The dialog order was "DialogMediaSource.xml" -> "FileBrowser.xml" -> "LockSettings.xml".
Beautiful skin. Running OpenElec on an RaspberryPi. When adding a source (nfs), on the next screen it did not show any scraper, top section was blank, and bottom section only had option to remove from scanning source. Had to change the scrapper settings on Confluence skin.
(2015-03-01, 14:48)da-anda Wrote:
(2015-02-27, 06:26)jurialmunkey Wrote: For the second, do you have an idea of what dialog it is? Can you drop the this custom_debug_overlay file into the 1080i folder and change the visible tag at line 7 from false to true (so the debug overlay will show up). Then let me know what the dialog is and maybe a screenshot of the dialog in confluence? I have no idea what this dialog might be... I dont have any network shares requiring a password/username.
It's "LockSettings.xml". On the upper right corner I could see the labels of the focused item, but the dialog itself was not visible. Maybe it's just hidden by another dialog. The dialog order was "DialogMediaSource.xml" -> "FileBrowser.xml" -> "LockSettings.xml".

Okay I think its fixed now. Can you try latest git and report back.
sorry, missed your reply. Will test.

One thing I noticed while using Eminence on Kodi master is that after the change from the language and subtitle selection from a spinner to a select list in the VideoOSDs is, that the select dialog is shown behind the OSD settings window. Can you change the order of these?
want to thank you for all the hard work you put into this skin, one of the finest out there. My issue is sometimes when Kodi is minimized and reopened, or even launched for the first time, the tiles aren't automatically highlighted, and keyboard input like left and right have no effect. The only way to get around the bug is using the mouse to click on the actual tile OR running the PVR button which refreshes the screen. Any way to fix that?
Disable mouse input.
I like Eminence very much and use it on all my devices, but I stumbled upon a small problem:

The favourites window/menu is transparent which makes it often difficult to read because the background shines through. Only when I open it in the main menu screen the background is opaque as it should be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug Reports0