How many gigs of data in your blu ray rips collection?
(2015-02-11, 15:47)Bridgwater Wrote: I have to chuckle, why would you want to rip you're own DVD;s and Blu Rays so that you can use XBMC/Kodi for? If I buy a DVD or a Blu Ray then I just insert it and then watch it. I do not bother about ripping it to hard drive as that is a waste of time. The main use of any front end is PIRACY I have XBMC and Hyperspin do I have all of the games on Hyperspin? Of course I don't so I am pirating. Why try and justify something?

I ripped my DVD collection for ease of use on my media player long before I thought about piracy. Using discs you only have to watch something more than once and then you are already doing more physical shuffling than I have to.

I used to have all my DVDs on shelves and they took up a whole wall, looking at the spines of cases deciding what to pick took so long. Yes I have to have a decent storage system to rip everything but I enjoy having that part of it.

It's been well over 5 years since I watched something staright from a disc.
I was happy with shiny discs until I had children - as the umpteenth DVD got turned into a coaster, I drew a line in the sand (y'know, the sand that they must have been using to scratch the bloody things all the time...) and decided to dump them all to a NAS. I've never missed them, or the space they took up - they can all live in a box in the garage now, thanks.
@Bridgwater, what planet are you from?

In addition to what others have already told you, Kodi supports disc stubs (wiki) so you can still use it if you want to keep putting in a physical disk. That way you have a catalog of all the movies you have.

but whatever, keep thinking "Herpa derp, everyone pirates because I pirate. No one does things differently than me".
I totally rip all discs I get to the HDD. It's just handy having it all in the Kodi library rather than having to pull them of the shelf.

...Though I have this Jurassic Park LaserDisc that doesn't seem to work with handbrake. :/
* Piers is going to have a breakdown is another person mentions handbrake.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
(2015-02-14, 00:11)Piers Wrote: * Piers is going to have a breakdown is another person mentions handbrake.

Kodi's lack of LaserDisc support is truly disappointing. I hope the devs work to correct that soon enough. Tongue
We're still working on VHS support. It's coming in v15, I promise!
(2015-02-14, 02:15)Ned Scott Wrote: We're still working on VHS support. It's coming in v15, I promise!

BETA.

Though seriously, I bought a JP LaserDisc with the intention of framing it to have on the wall as a discussion piece. Though before hand I intend to do a mock feature request thread, demanding LD support, as true movie fans and videophiles only use LaserDisc. :V
(2015-02-14, 00:11)Piers Wrote: * Piers is going to have a breakdown is another person mentions handbrake.

Do you not like Handbrake? I don't recall you mentioning it before Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How many gigs of data in your blu ray rips collection?0