Best Platform and TV Box for Kodi?
Hi, I'm looking to buy a new TV box to run Kodi / XBMC.

I have been looking at the M8 Andriod TV Box, an M8 box that has had Linux installed and the G Box Q Andriod TV Box. I was hoping somebody could help me with choosing the best TV box to run Kodi? I understand there are other similar questions regarding 'what is the best tv box for Kodi?' however I'm looking for a more up to date answer now that new boxes have been released and within a budget of £100 - £150. What is the best platform and TV box for the optimal performance when running Kodi?

Also do you have any recommendations on where to buy this box? I live in the UK and I'm looking to purchase the box online with fast delivery (preferably next day).

All answers appreciated! Smile
Check one of the other "what is the best box for Kodi" threads, please.
Don't buy anything Matricon.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-02-07, 22:39)Ned Scott Wrote: Check one of the other "what is the best box for Kodi" threads, please.

I have done. I'm looking for a more up to date answer and additional information as stated.
(2015-02-07, 22:46)dannylaw23 Wrote:
(2015-02-07, 22:39)Ned Scott Wrote: Check one of the other "what is the best box for Kodi" threads, please.

I have done. I'm looking for a more up to date answer and additional information as stated.

more up to date than a week ago?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-02-07, 22:40)Martijn Wrote: Don't buy anything Matricon.

How come? Do you have any recommendations for any other TV Boxes? Thanks.
(2015-02-07, 22:47)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-02-07, 22:46)dannylaw23 Wrote:

more up to date than a week ago?

Do you have a link to that post?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=94268
Running Helix on Fire TV Box.
Also...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=217615

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=217527

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216266
smh ok first do some homework on the kodi stuff most set top boxes are helix2 so are old in regards to kodi builds if you want a good upto date kodi streamer use a sony z5 z3 then mirror cast to t.v via xbox simple the streaming sticks are ok small and compact I just finished re installing the latest buld on a sumvison box for a friend there on helix2 altho they state that there on isengard 15 not sure about that or just as easily upload onto a huddle or ane android tablet or mobile this is oly way you can truly get a great viewing experience without paying cash most of the boxes under 50 pounds are good but run older version of kodi so not realy worth wasting your time on those or cash if you go the way of a settop box buy in the cat:150 pounds or higher that way you not only get kodi at its best but you will still be able to watch 4k t.v even if its on 4g/5g the 5g when its more readily avalible if you don't have fiber or wifi availability hope this helps
(2016-08-11, 23:07)scottsman Wrote: smh ok first do some homework on the kodi stuff most set top boxes are helix2 so are old in regards to kodi builds if you want a good upto date kodi streamer use a sony z5 z3 then mirror cast to t.v via xbox simple the streaming sticks are ok small and compact I just finished re installing the latest buld on a sumvison box for a friend there on helix2 altho they state that there on isengard 15 not sure about that or just as easily upload onto a huddle or ane android tablet or mobile this is oly way you can truly get a great viewing experience without paying cash most of the boxes under 50 pounds are good but run older version of kodi so not realy worth wasting your time on those or cash if you go the way of a settop box buy in the cat:150 pounds or higher that way you not only get kodi at its best but you will still be able to watch 4k t.v even if its on 4g/5g the 5g when its more readily avalible if you don't have fiber or wifi availability hope this helps
I'd guess the OP bought something 18 months ago. It's always possible he's really indecisive I suppose.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best Platform and TV Box for Kodi?0