AC3 Audio on Apple TV 2 (Gotham)
I'm using XBMC Gotham (Kodi 14.0 gave me a lot of HD streaming issues that Gotham fixes and 14.1 kept crashing) on my Apple TV 2 and it does a near flawless job streaming HD movies / TV shows for the most part UNLESS the video has AC3 audio.

AC3 audio keeps stuttering, video is more or less fine. This isn't constant but does seem to happen around the exact same time with each play through. I'm getting video/audio via HDMI into my TV.

I've tried many tweaks to fix this but I'm shooting in the dark (bit of a noob). When I enable passthrough on my TV I get click-y/static type noises and nothing else.

For the record I do not believe this is an internet issue (plenty of speed, other HD videos/movies stream perfectly) not am I looking to change my hardware.

Any suggestions beyond that?
Well i suppose your TV supports decoding AC3. In that case go to Apple TV > Settings > Audio & Video > Audio Output and set it to "16 bit". After that in XBMC set passthrough enabled for AC3 (settings->system->audio output). This should work then i hope.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AC3 Audio on Apple TV 2 (Gotham)0