Tv tuner set up
Hi just a little update,
I did get mine working thanks for the great info Johny and noggin Smile
You were right my main house aerial is no good as soon as I hooked it up to the amplified one it found them all.
I don't understand that TVheadend client though... all the guides say to put localhost or the IP address but it wouldn't connect but as soon as I reset it to default it connected
Thanks again
When you reset it to default on the TvHeadend client, this reset the IP address back to that of the localhost = RPi = 127.0.0.1

A different IP address is only needed if you are running your TvHeadend server on an external machine connected to your local home network.

Confusing I know Wink

Yep - quite a few of us run TV Headend servers separately from our Kodi/XBMC boxes. (I've run TV Headend on Pogoplugs, Raspberry Pis, old headless Atom servers in the past) You have to do this on Windows boxes (as there isn't AFAIK a TV Headend build for Windows unless you virtualise a Linux install), and most people do it on Macs (though I think there are some people running TV Headend on OS X)

Out of the box default settings in Kodi work for a combined client and server set-up though.

Running the TV Headend server separately to the client is a great solution for watching TV around the house without having to run aerial cables everywhere. My bedroom TV doesn't have a rooftop aerial feed, just a Powerline network connection, and it happily streams stuff from a little TV Headend server running in the living room.
Oh right that's good to know I might try that on a old raspberry pi I have.
So would it be possible for me to get the TV to go through to my Android tablet that has Kodi installed also?
Thanks
Yes its possible but deinterlacing TV streams on Android will be another matter entirely and will likely not work.
You will get whats called horizontal lined video aka the "combing" affect if deinterlacing is not working.

Deinterlacing options found in the OSD Video settings.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_playback

(2015-02-27, 13:15)wrxtasy Wrote: Yes its possible but deinterlacing TV streams on Android will be another matter entirely and will likely not work.
You will get whats called horizontal lined video aka the "combing" affect if deinterlacing is not working.

Deinterlacing options found in the OSD Video settings.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_playback
Oh don't think ill bother then just a thought quite happy with my setup for now just a few tweaks lol
Cheers for that
Each day gets me a little closer. I think. Maybe not. At the part after you have created the network and you go the muxes, I get 57 of them, but the status never changes from PEND. If I click on Play, I just get a black screen. When I go on to the TV adapter, somehow the window has been perversely created such that the right side is off screen no matter how one resizes and the window cannot be moved. I entered the network name because the dropdown is offscreen. There is no way to enable. If I try to save, it does not save the network that I typed in.

Quite frankly, if I had any idea how insanely difficult it is to get this all going and how many hours I would end up sinking into it, I'd never have bought the RPi with any intent to make a PVR of it. It seems the odds of correctly configuring it as a PVR are vanishingly small.
(2015-04-01, 03:21)Areka Wrote: Each day gets me a little closer. I think. Maybe not. At the part after you have created the network and you go the muxes, I get 57 of them, but the status never changes from PEND. If I click on Play, I just get a black screen. When I go on to the TV adapter, somehow the window has been perversely created such that the right side is off screen no matter how one resizes and the window cannot be moved. I entered the network name because the dropdown is offscreen. There is no way to enable. If I try to save, it does not save the network that I typed in.

Quite frankly, if I had any idea how insanely difficult it is to get this all going and how many hours I would end up sinking into it, I'd never have bought the RPi with any intent to make a PVR of it. It seems the odds of correctly configuring it as a PVR are vanishingly small.
What browser are you using to configure it?
I had a slight problem using Google Chrome so used internet explorer and it was ok,
I suggest trying other browsers like Firefox, chrome etc etc
Yep - the TV Headend UI isn't rendered properly in all browsers.
I have a RPi-2 running OpenELEC (v5.0.8) and yesterday i installed Tvheadend service (v3.9.2675~ge4f034a) on my Pi so i could make use of my Sony PlayTV (USB dual DTV tuner).
It was the version, from I think, the OpenELEC unofficial repository (I should write notes as i go)....

Then I uninstalling the OpenELEC bundled TV client and installed the Tvheadend client (v1.9.40).
I then played about with Tvheadend server by loggin in from my PC but things didn't go smoothly Sad

So, i found this thread and followed noggin's post #13 with better success.

Now my Kodi on RPi-2 OpenELEC shows the RADIO and TV nodes (if that's the correct term) but trying to watch a TV program does not work from my Pi.
I don't have a MPEG2 license but I still expected to see video with some stuttering.
Unfortunately I get no video at all, though I do get audio when changing Settings > System > Audio output > Audio output device to 'hdmi + analogue'.

After some repeated attempt at viewing a channel, i get 'no free adapter' notification within Kodi and the following message spamming the Tvheadend system log as seen within the web admin page:

1970-01-01 11:54:52.000 subscription: 005A: No input source available for subscription "127.0.0.1 [ XBMC Media Center ]" to channel "{name-not-set}"
1970-01-01 11:54:54.000 subscription: 005A: No input source available for subscription "127.0.0.1 [ XBMC Media Center ]" to channel "{name-not-set}"
1970-01-01 11:54:56.000 subscription: 005A: No input source available for subscription "127.0.0.1 [ XBMC Media Center ]" to channel "{name-not-set}" .

From my PC, I can watch a channel by clicking the blue play link within the server admin window (under Configure > DVB Inputs > Services).
Alternatively I can click the 'Play Program' buttom on the popup you get by clicking on a running program within the EPG.
In both instances i am greeted with VLC which plays video nicely Smile
Oddly, i can't watch a program on my PC by clicking a currently running program within the EPG and clicking the watch tv button (live TV player) which sits on the top right of the server admin page.

Finally, though channel and service names are populated within the Configure > DVB Inputs > Services admin page, i see {name-not-set} within Configuration > Channel/EPG > Channels.
And the admin web page seems to periodically refresh the channels and sometimes the names disapear or the chanels get rearranged.

Obviously i'm missing some key concepts so can anyone clarify the key concepts of setting up dual tuners and hopefully point me in the correct direction?
I'm a XBMC novice :)
Well, that's quite a list - but I can say that before I got my mpeg2 license, I had audio and no picture - so that sounds normal at least.

"No free adapter" I only see this if recording two stations and trying to select another. Maybe your tuner is still tied up with channels you were trying to view ?

Well, it's a start.
You have answered your own question, Audio with no video when viewing Live TV is due to no mpeg2 licence on the RPi2.

Sometime you will get stuttering video and audio, othertimes a blank screen and just audio.
You have verified Live TV is working so just purchase the cheap licences and then get back to us.

Yeah, i suspected the lack of a Mpeg2 license may be the problem.
Oddly i can play DVD's without issue using the grunt of the 4 cores.
So on that thought, i disabled hardware acceleration and now see a stuttering picture Confused
Nothing like deterministic behaviour when trying to solve some fault Nod
Guess the system is a little more taxed when handling DTV server/client processing than simple DVD playback.
In any case i'll buy the Mpeg2 and VC1 licenses in a couple of weeks and report back asap Nod

As for the channel/service names and seeing {name-not-set} within client, how can i define something more descriptive?
I'm a XBMC novice :)
(2015-04-01, 03:21)Areka Wrote: Each day gets me a little closer. I think. Maybe not. At the part after you have created the network and you go the muxes, I get 57 of them, but the status never changes from PEND. If I click on Play, I just get a black screen. When I go on to the TV adapter, somehow the window has been perversely created such that the right side is off screen no matter how one resizes and the window cannot be moved. I entered the network name because the dropdown is offscreen. There is no way to enable. If I try to save, it does not save the network that I typed in.

Select the network, press save, then refresh the page. The network should now be selected. Then do the same for the other tuner. Once you've assigned networks to your tuners the muxes will start to scan, i.e. the status will change from PEND to ACTIVE.
Moved to TVheadend forum on Negge's request.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tv tuner set up1