Raspberry Pi 2 or Windows 8.1 Mini PC
Hi all,

As the title says, i was looking at getting one of the new windows 8.1 mini pcs from the likes of mele or minx, but was wondering what the performance factor would be over the new quad core Pi?

Other than using a windows system rather than openelec, would the mini pc's, which i think clock at 1.33mhz be a big improvment on a Pi 2?
My Pi2 is definitely better in Kodi than my Pipo X7. I have files that won't play reliably in the Pipo that play fine on the Pi 2.

The Pipo X7 runs MS Office better though...
Have you look into the Zotac ZBOX B1320? There is a thread for it. Look it up.
I was very impressed with it, however, ended up keeping my AFTV, I do not need a full blown OS + love the AFTV remote + fulfills my requirements. Also the price difference. It was great price when on sale!
Nevertheless, it would be pretty much the equivalent of a Chromebox but with Windows instead.
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
The BI320, like the Chromebox, is a very good solution as it is based around a Haswell Celeron - which is a fantastic fit for Kodi. Like the Chromebox though, it's considerably more expensive than a Pi2, and possibly a bit more than some of the $100 Win 8.1 with Bing Mini PCs (which are based on Tablet Atom Baytrail-T SoCs)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi 2 or Windows 8.1 Mini PC0