First time setup, Unable to watch Live TV
My ultimate goal is to have a headless mythbackend running on OpenMediaVault/Debian Wheezy and Openlec/Kodi (14.1) as my front end

I have a HDHomerun as my over the air tuner
I can use the UPnP feature of the HDHomerun from my Kodi so I feel the HDHomerun is correctly connected to my network

I have successfully setup a MythBuntu VM and validated that I can watch Live TV from the Mythfrontend on the VM

I then try to set up the Myth PVR plugin. Version 1.11.2

Well the Channel listing and EPG works but I'm unable to watch Live TV. I get "Channel Unavailable"

I have attached the log at http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=420237
Just taking a shot in the dark here, but is the password set correctly in the plugin? Could there be a firewall issue that's preventing the Myth PVR plugin from accessing the stream? I notice in the log it complains a lot about not being able to get channel icons but it appears it is looking for those in a local directory, which seems wrong - normally with MythTV it pulls those from the backend. But I don't know if that's what's keeping it from playing any channels. Did you configure something in the PVR addon to look for icons on the local machine?

If you weren't running OpenElec I would say try installing the MythTV frontend on the same system as Kodi and see if it works there. Unfortunately OpenElec is such a closed system that you can't do that (it's the #1 reason I refuse to have anything to do with OpenElec). Honestly, if your hardware will support it (you're not running on a Raspberry Pi or something like that), you might be further ahead to install a lightweight operating system such as Lubuntu and then run Kodi and the MythTV frontend from within that. You will have a lot more control over your own system, but the downside is that OpenElec goes ahead and configures some things for you that you might need to configure yourself if you go the full OS route.

If you don't get a response from anyone more knowledgeable than I (which would be just about anyone in this forum), I would suggest asking in an OpenElec forum. They would know the quirks of that system. I have Kodi and the MythTV frontend running under Ubuntu 12.04 and both work fine for Live TV, and the only issue I ever had with the Myth PVR addon was getting the password set correctly when I first started to use it.
Password on both backend and Kodi Myth plug-in is 0000
OK, another data point

I have successfully setup a MythBuntu backend only running as a vm on my server and a OSX mythfrontend on my iMac in the livingroom.

I can watch live tv and browse the EPG.

in my Kodi 14.1/Openelec, I can browse the EPG but I cannot view live tv.
Just a thought, try installing Kodi and the Myth PVR plugin on your iMac and see if that works.

One other thought just hit me, how did you install the PVR addon? If you got it from the addons repository via the System menu then you may have got a XBMC Gotham version. In a normal Ubuntu Linux setup you would install the correct addon from the Ubuntu repository using apt-get or Synaptic (you'd install the kodi-pvr-mythtv package). But since you are using OpenElec (boo, hiss) you probably don't have access to a repository like most Linux users do.

Seriously, as long as you are going to run OpenElec, you'd probably be better off asking these types of questions in their forums. They want to take away all the Linux stuff from the user, so those of us that don't run OpenElec can't always tell you what to do because you don't have access to the tools the rest of us do. I don't mean to be too snarky and I really am trying to help, but it's frustrating when you are trying to help someone that doesn't have access to the normal Linux system stuff. Maybe they have a special OpenElec menu and you are supposed to install the PVR addons from somewhere in there but I don't run it so I don't know. But I do recall that when Kodi first came out I had to install the addon from the repository and NOT using the addons menu in Kodi, and the reason given at the time was that the PVR addons (and ONLY the PVR addons) shown in Kodi were from the Gotham repository. I would have thought that would be fixed by now, but maybe not.

I know some people love OpenElec but I'm just not one of them. Sorry.
Updated the Myth add on and disabled ipv6 on the myth backend and it all works now.
How did you update the Mythtv addon on openelec? I'm trying to do the same thing as you. I have the mythtv backend running on a headless server. I can connect to it and it works from a mythtv frontend on my Linux laptop so I know it's properly setup/configured. When I configure Kodi with the Mythtv PVR addon, I can see through the system info > pvr service that it's connected, but "live tv" never appears in the menu. I disabled ipv6 on the server so I'm not getting any errors in the logs on the backend. I've done everything I can think of to get it connected. I have a feeling if I could update the addon, it will "magically" start working.
Go to the main pvr.mythtv thread and find the link to janbar's private repo, download, install.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
nickr gave me a more direct link here Tongue
Thanks smithtopher, harder to find the right link in tapatalk.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First time setup, Unable to watch Live TV0