Compile with addons in Userdata
Hello folks.
I have been successful in compiling Kodi for windows myself and creating my own install (I think). Can someone tell me how to throw an extra addon in there and specify it go into the Userdata directory instead of the Kodi working directory?

Currently I have the addon and the associated Repo copied to addons directory so i.e. D:\Kodi\Addons. Kodi compiles and everything comes up and works. However the addon is in the Kodi working directory and Im afraid it won't update properly as updates are released.

Any help GREATLY appreciated.
It will update just fine. Userdata takes precedense so when an update happens that is downloaded to userdata and overrides the shipped version.
Unfortunately the other issue I ran into is it seems I can't disable the addon when it is installed that way. Was looking into maybe doing a first run script instead to user-install the addon? If no other way.

For what it's worth the addon Im trying to implement is the KodiTTS Addon
any addon that is shipped/compiled into Kodi cannot be disabled or uninstalled. You can only uninstall the updates iirc.
PVR addons are the only exception that can be disabled although they are installed by default
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
i think that should be handled through a first-run thingie in general. since there is a 'UpdateLocalAddons' builtin i think you should have the tools needed.

the community would probably be most interested in the outcome if you create something.
Alright, So I fixed it in a slightly unconventional way. Seems that by tweaking the version number down of the addon that I include in the initial install, Once installed the addon comes runs, Then few minutes later it updates. After it updates and starts running off the "Latest Version" in the userdata directory, I can enable/disable like usual.
hmm the disable shouldn't still be possible because they should be considered "system" addons
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Well, I have no clue what i'm doing Big Grin, and 0 coding knowledge or experience, Just a goal that I am Blindly <LOL> tapping towards. Originally That's what I though would happen.But I gave it a try just for heck of it. I broke something with the version number change. and somehow just worked towards my advantage. I have installed and confirmed on 2 different systems thus far.

Originally I was thinking that maybe I could create a dummy addon and repo with the service.xbmc.tts as a dependency. The Idea was that by creating a version mismatch between my dummy addon and what on the dummy repo it would install the new version and pull down the tts addon as a dependency. So do you think this would work? Might be little more proper than the way I got it now and less likely to break in future. LOL Big Grin.
Alright, So im not sure why this works. I thought maybe for some reason it might be attempting to fire up both versions, But if it is it's not showing in the logs and not erroring our.

Then I was afraid maybe doing this in the updated nightly or such might break this solution, But thus far it seems to work be it master or the 14.1 stable.

Still with you telling me this shouldn't work, I fear for the stability of this method. I think I may dive into my other solution, Do you think the other idea Is sound or should I continue to find something else?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Compile with addons in Userdata0