LiveTV Channel Numbering.
Hi all,

I'm a little confused about channel numbers in what Kodi (v14.1 / OpenELEC v5.0.1) uses in the Live TV section of Kodi, vs what it returns via the PVR.GetChannels JSON request.

I'm using TVHeadEnd as the backend, Kodi is configured to use backend channel numbering, the LiveTV EPG shows the correct mapping, but PVR.GetChannels is returning different "channelid"s ??

Is a channelid != the channel id in TvHeadEnd? I'm trying to debug a plugin that is mixing channels up and am a bit confused about the channel-numbering in Kodi's PVR.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!
I am not familiar with the PVR.GetChannels JSON request.

I know that Tvheadend maintains an internal "channelId" plus a user assigned "channelNumber".

The latter is what you see in the Live TV section of Kodi and is different from the internal "channelId".

Refer to the "channelAdd" method of the Tvheadend HTSP documentation.

One way of obtaining a match table between "channelId" and "channelNumber" would be to use the HTSP protocol. There is a python script htspmon in the Tvheadend source which generates "channelAdd" method output for all channels.

You could also have a look at my script htsp-xmltv.py which deals with "channelId" and "channelNumber" for example on line 190.
(2015-02-09, 09:59)twi252 Wrote: Hi all,

I'm a little confused about channel numbers in what Kodi (v14.1 / OpenELEC v5.0.1) uses in the Live TV section of Kodi, vs what it returns via the PVR.GetChannels JSON request.

I'm using TVHeadEnd as the backend, Kodi is configured to use backend channel numbering, the LiveTV EPG shows the correct mapping, but PVR.GetChannels is returning different "channelid"s ??

Is a channelid != the channel id in TvHeadEnd? I'm trying to debug a plugin that is mixing channels up and am a bit confused about the channel-numbering in Kodi's PVR.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

i just put a feature request in to expose the pvr backend numbering. i use picon with tvheadend and the thumbs are messed up on yatse epg android remote due to the backends numbering not being used as its not been exposed.
I'd love to have some option to sort the channels (if none exists) as I've been breaking my head over this with the mediaportal tv server backend. Got the channels sorted in a certain way I prefer and kodi completely ignores the order. Worse I can't seem to manually sort them within kodi. Can't be that hard can it?
(2015-02-12, 18:30)Woppie Wrote: I'd love to have some option to sort the channels (if none exists) as I've been breaking my head over this with the mediaportal tv server backend. Got the channels sorted in a certain way I prefer and kodi completely ignores the order. Worse I can't seem to manually sort them within kodi. Can't be that hard can it?

Have you set the following in Kodi's Live TV Settings?

Always use the channel order from the backend(s) [*]

Make sure to reset the EPG after changing channel-numbers to stay consistent.

Cheers.
I can (but have not currently), it just uses the channel number and that doesn't equal channel order.
For mediaportal I can drag channels in a certain order in the tv server executable instead of editing the channel numbers manually.
So it can be done but for 250+ channels which have monthly changes it's not very convenient.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LiveTV Channel Numbering.0