Kodi stolen and being sold.
This may have already been brought up. I just wanted to let you guys know that XBMC/Kodi is being sold on the Google Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...om.mad.zmc
The being sold part is okay, per the GPL. However, we have had issue with that guy before because he originally named it "XBMC". Also, his icon is still ripping off the old XBMC icon and I doubt he actually rebranded the APK itself.
Understand, I just noticed it on the store and figured I would let it be known.
The description is... interesting.

Quote:...an award-winning media player cum media server cum and entertainment hub for digital media.
(2015-02-09, 14:34)h.udo Wrote: The description is... interesting.

Quote:...an award-winning media player cum media server cum and entertainment hub for digital media.

It's Latin. The word cum means "with" and is used to join two nouns.
Dont mean that in the UK
Well, it *does* mean that in the UK, it simply has developed other meanings as well (similar to how the word for those brassy, shiny, round things you use to open doors has multiple meanings).

"My wife asked for a double entendre, so I gave her one" and all that.

Anyway, the point to me about the text is that it's syntactic garbage, not the specific word.

And back to the point about profiting from other folks' work... well, if the licence allows it, so be it, although all sources should be available on demand, all attributions made and no trademarks infringed. If that's the case then it's case closed AFAIK.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi stolen and being sold.0