Weird HD audio issue
Hello everyone. I just built an HTPC running Windows 7 Ultimate. I installed Kodi 14.1. I have all the correct drivers installed. I setup all the correct settings in the System settings for WASAPI passthrough. The issue happening is that when I start the computer and launch Kodi, I can play a movie and have no problems with it bitstreaming the DTS-HD Master Audio signal to my Denon AVR-3310CI. The Denon reads DTS-HD Master Audio. Now if I play a couple of other files with HD audio then suddenly the input on my Denon AVR reads DTS Surround and the input side of the display starts flashing rapidly and no sound plays. The only thing that seems to resolve this issue is to restart the computer. This is pretty inconvenient. I don't normally start and stop movies and then play others. I was doing this because I had just copied a 4tb HD that I had on my Mac Pro that contained Blu Ray ripped mkv files. I loaded the movies into Kodi from the new HD that contained the copied files. I was wanting to verify that they would all play with no issues before formatting the HD on Mac Pro and installing it in Windows. VLC plays all the files fine. I'm only having the issue in Kodi. I have Installed 14.1, uninstalled it, installed 12.3 Frodo, uninstalled it, installed 14.0, uninstalled it and now I have installed 14.1 again. The symptoms occur in each version. I have verified the correct driver for the Intel HD graphics. Here is a list of the equipment I am running on:

Case: NMediaPC 6000B
Motherboard: Gigabyte G1.SNIPER Z97
CPU: Intel i3-4150 with Intel HD Graphics 4400
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 1866 8GB
SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
HD: Seagate STBD4000400 4TB 7200RPM
Ceton Infinitv 6 6 tuner card

Has anyone come across a similar issue? I've been googling this problem and cannot come up with a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated and if any further information is needed I will be glad to give it to you.
Nobody has any ideas as to what the issue may be?
Please link to a debug_log (wiki) showing the problem.
Here is a link to the uploaded debugging log.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=422282
That's no use as you don't attempt to play anything
Ok. For some reason I'm not sure why that last log did not show any media playing. But this log does show several media files attempting to play. The odd thing is that the first file I played which was The A-Team played fine, I tried a couple of others some worked and some did not. The ones giving me the issue seemed to be the DTS-HD Master Audio titles. Once I started getting the flashing of the input on the display of my Denon, I tried to replay The A-Team. It gave me the same issue as the other problem files. No audio with the input display flashing on my AVR. Here is the link to the log file.
I really do appreciate your time investigating this. A side note. On one of the MKV files that had a DTS-HD Master Audio track that did not play properly, I switched over to the Core DTS track and it played just fine.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=424101
I can see the errors in that log, it seems to be some sort of syncing error however I don't know that area well to understand exactly what going on, it's strange that the A-Team is ok 1st time around then also starts to see the same errors 2nd time around.

Are these files you have ripped yourself? if so how?

How about what happens if you turn off DTS-HD support within Kodi to use the DTS core? is it then ok? also try with both DTS-HD and DTS disabled so LPCM is output to see if that's ok.
Thank you jjd-uk. Yes these are files I ripped myself. A little backstory on them. They originally were ripped on a Mac Pro using MakeMKV. I have XBMC Frodo installed on an SSD drive with Bootcamp running Windows 7 Ultimate. None of these files have given me any issues on the Bootcamp install of Windows. I finally built a dedicated HTPC and transferred the files from a 4tb HD from the Mac Pro to the HTPC machine over gigabit ethernet. So in theory the files should play just fine.

As far as the core DTS it plays fine. On some of the files that gave me the sync issue I would select the core DTS track and no problem, sound starts playing, the AVR locks right onto the DTS core track.
Problem solved.. I had gone into the device manager and checked the driver to see if it was up to date. Lo and behold it reported as being up to date. I downloaded the Intel Driver Manager and had it scan the system. It reported the Intel HD Audio driver as being not up to date. So I had it download the latest driver and restarted. No more syncing issues with the HD Audio!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird HD audio issue0