Win KODI Not responding
Folks, my previous attempt may have strayed a little from the straight and narrow regarding banned addons etc so apologies for that.

My problem still persists in that XBMC/Kodi is not behaving itself at all no matter what version I run. I am running Gotham on a Vista laptop and whenever I go to play a movie from my NAS drive it just bricks. It also freezes when I try to watch an item from any of the addons. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several versions but to no avail. I have also deleted the db files in the "Roaming" folders as suggested in some of the other threads here but it doesn't work either.

Gotham originally worked perfect on this laptop but stopped one day and hasn't worked since. It will do everything up to the point of actually playing the movie and I have a cheap as chips notebook here too and it works flawlessly on it (but it only has a VGA slot and no HD - can't transfer to TV). Any help appreciated

Debug Log

Thanks

James
Your debug log is not complete.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
http://pastebin.com/Y7eb4zDp

Hi, thanks for the reply. Just to be sure I reinstalled Kodi and ran the entire process again.
Complete (I think) debug log attached

Cheers

J
Try setting the WASAPI audio output.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Debug new with WASAPI

Hi, tried both WASAPI settings[/align] and the same happened. New debug attached to reflect changes

James
Wow this stuff still continues (and there's now 3 threads on Kodi issues at least)
Damnnnn
try
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=216275
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Right, I'll give that a go this evening. The .pdb file released on the 5th Feb - what release Kodi is this for 14.0 /14.1 / 14.2?
As an aside (but on the same topic) any ideas why it would stop working without being updated? My XBMC Gotham just stopped going
it's still 14.1 based but it will become 14.2

no idea about gotham. could be anything from driver updates or something
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
http://pastebin.com/1q2uq0VN

Folks, not successful after following instructions as per post #7. Where to now?
Log attached again for completeness
I think I have it sussed although I'd be obliged if some of the Devs could tell me why Kodi is now like this. The first thing I did was follow the post 7 in this thread - this did not work. I then turned off the hardware acceleration and changed the audio to WASAPI (realtec.............). I'm not sure which of these combinations has resulted in it working but at every stage I checked both movies from the NAS drive and my favourite addon for streaming. All is working (for now). Any explanations appreciated to help understand the underlying issues and thanks for the replies.

J
You made two changes and one of them stopped your system crashing.

WASAPI has been the recommended audio system for windows for ages hasn't it?

Sounds more like a bug with acceleration.
Now that I know more of what's going on I will switch about and see if there is an individual change that works. I previously changed to WASAPI and no change. I will report back just incase it helps anyone else. Cheers
Any idea how to change hardware acceleration if the button on the display settings in greyed out? My drivers all says they are updated and current....I have Kodi installed and its opens fine, but whenever I try to use an add-on, it freezes everything.....Any and all help is always greatly appreciated! Smile .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI Not responding0