Req Request for OSD volume/mute buttons for Kodi Helix
Frodo used to have OSD buttons for up/down volume which is not available on Kodi. The OSD button requires you to go into settings to adjust volume making it a an extra step. Also a mute button would be nice. Any chance this could be added ? It is sadly missed.
This is dependent on the skin, and can already be done. Off hand, I can't remember which other skins do this, though. The default skin, Confluence, has never had on-screen-display volume buttons, but I'm hoping this changes in the future when we redesign the default skin.
I opened a PR for this quite long ago...
IIRC the team was against this change
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
re-touched has volume control because it's a touch dedicated skin
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-02-09, 14:58)mad-max Wrote: I opened a PR for this quite long ago...
IIRC the team was against this change

We have lots of new skinners on the team now, so maybe it would be considered again. There are a lot of minimalistic remotes without dedicated volume controls.
Ned, if a few new skinners are on board and the default skin is redesigned, I am willing to submit a new PR Smile
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2015-02-09, 15:01)Martijn Wrote: re-touched has volume control because it's a touch dedicated skin

Thx...testing it out now. My 1st impression is I prefer Confluence...for one it had the ability to use large fonts making it much easier to read but I will try to get used to it.
(2015-02-09, 15:01)Martijn Wrote: re-touched has volume control because it's a touch dedicated skin

I don't see any volume controls in Re-Touched?
(2015-02-10, 03:01)Ned Scott Wrote:

I don't see any volume controls in Re-Touched?

Top left hand side slider.
ImageThe only left-hand side slider that I see is the menu for videos, music, tv shows, etc, and it wasn't in their either.
(2015-02-10, 05:16)Ned Scott Wrote: ImageThe only left-hand side slider that I see is the menu for videos, music, tv shows, etc, and it wasn't in their either.

I'm not sure why you don't have it there. I can't remember doing anything special to make it appear. Maybe uninstall it and try downloading it again.

Blah, I see it now. I was playing with a modified version of Re-Touched months ago and never uninstalled it. My bad :)

EDIT: or not... I just checked this on iOS (what I originally checked), cleared out some kind of old re-touched install, and it still doesn't show... weird.
Looks like this isn't enabled on iOS for some reason. For just about everything else, OS X, Windows, Android, it works.
Because on ios you simply change volume with the hw volume buttons - there is no software volume control in ios.

Edit: well there is software volume control for ios - its just not mapped with gestures normally. Well i have no clue where in the skin it is decided that its hidden on ios - i think this visibility condition can go (should be doable by ronie or so).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request for OSD volume/mute buttons for Kodi Helix0