Merge channels
Hi,
Is possible to merge channels from two different backends?

I mean, I'm using mediaportal backend with dvb-t card together with iptvsimple, and some channels that I can watch with dvb-t card have also their stream on their web pages that I can watch too with iptvsimple, so when I record something with mediaportal backend I have to use the iptvsimple streams. Is possible to merge these two sources to one same channel (with asigned priority or something like that) and when you tune the channel kodi tries to connect to one source and if it fails connects to the other source?

Thanks.
Both Tvheadend and DVBLink support IPTV channels (in Tvheadend you might need to pipe from ffmpeg or rtmpdump+ffmpeg) and merging channels.
Thanks for answering, but I'm using windows so can't use TVheadend and DVBLink is not free so I want a solution with mediaportal (or another free program for windows) and iptvsimple if is possible.
Thanks.
(2015-02-09, 14:41)goibe Wrote: Is possible to merge channels from two different backends?

I mean, I'm using mediaportal backend with dvb-t card together with iptvsimple, and some channels that I can watch with dvb-t card have also their stream on their web pages that I can watch too with iptvsimple, so when I record something with mediaportal backend I have to use the iptvsimple streams. Is possible to merge these two sources to one same channel (with asigned priority or something like that) and when you tune the channel kodi tries to connect to one source and if it fails connects to the other source?

I am looking for something similar! I have DVBLink running on my WHS 2011 serving TV to a openELEC PI-2 which I received only this week. I am brand new to Kodi so have been on a big learning curve! I had two DVB-T2 Sticks in my server but I wanted to Free up my LAN and get a better picture so I placed one of the TV Sticks in my PI. I managed to get the TVheadend runing last night on the PI together with DVBlink but I end up with double the channels so I need a method of Merging Channels from the two sources and assign DVBlink source as the 'Recording Device'. This would be the perfect setup as you get the best picture with fast channel changes together with all your recording stored on your server. All this without taxing your LAN! Who wouldn't want this setup? ;-)

I do hope somebody knows if this has already been done or knows somebody who may develop an add-on ;-)

Any help will be much appreciated Smile

Cheers all

Nod

P.S. Just noticed DVBlink Server can run on the PI so have also posted on the DVBlink Forum here: http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=29331

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Merge channels0