TV episode from Bluray
How should a TV series on Bluray be ripped?

As an example (which must not be correct) I ripped the two blurays of Downton Abbey Season 5 to

\Media\Video\Downton Abbey (2010)\Downton Abbey S5 D1.Bluray.iso
and
\Media\Video\Downton Abbey (2010)\Downton Abbey S5 D2.Bluray.iso

Nothing shows up in TMM when I refresh so I am obviously doing something unexpected/wrong.
well, there are several things to consider.
TVShows on discs are always a bit hard to handle...
First of all, TMM only detects TV files, if we have at least some season/episode pattern in the filename.

Solution 1:
You could name you ISO like the episodes contained there.
Like Downtown_s01e01_s01e02_s01e03.iso and so on (see naming here)
Pros: you'll have the full ISO with all the menu & extras
Cons: when starting the episode from Kodi, you will be taken to the BD/DVD main menu, so not directly to the episode; not so good when playing them in a playlist automatically

Solution 2:
ReRip this (mounted) ISO to MKV (with MakeMKV or similar), which extracts all the episodes 1:1 (without converting!) to single MKV files.
Then name them simple to 101.mkv, 102.mkv... so that TMM detects them correctly. (or specify them in TMM GUI) - you might need to play them, the ordering on disc is barely in correct order :|
Do the scraping & cleanup with TMM
Pros: episodes could be started directly from within Kodi; playing in playlistmode works without interruption
Cons: more work; and loosing the BD/DVD menu

Solution 3:
dunno, maybe anyone others an idea?

hth
br
Myron
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Myron,

Thanks; I think I need to go with solution #1 because of what I found with MakeMKV.

I originally tried MakeMKV but there are something like 174 titles on the first disc with myriads being the correct length for an episode. Figuring out which are the needed titles would take many hours of watching and comparing to playback from the disc. If there was some way to play the disc and see which titles were being played for each episode I'd be set. But I don't know of a player that will do that. I suppose this is some lame attempt to make the disc not be usefully ripped.
For anyone else having difficulty with Downton Abbey Season 5:

The disc authoring includes a large number of playlists to obfuscate the correct playlists for each episode. There is a multipage thread on the SlySoft forum discussing the issues found. It appears that the issue is resolved with a new version of AnyDVDHD (7.5.7.3). If I find this to be accurate I will go the MKV route.

I also discovered that the speed menu produced by AnyDVD will show the playlist number for each title. I was one version back on AnyDVDHD so it created an incorrect speed menu.

As an aside the playlist obfuscation really confuses Kodi and you see 100's of titles before you scroll down to the speed menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV episode from Bluray0