EVGA 750 ti and Kodi
after a liitle more search it seams that the driver will be loaded because I have a screen (the ldm).
But I cant start any session. So I suggest that there must be an X session running...

du anybody know what is the default window-manager in ubuntu server ?
I don't know why my systhem shows me the login-screen from lightdm...
That was never done before...
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2015-02-16, 07:33)sveni_lee Wrote: First thank you for your answer...
I installed the Ubuntu server 14.04 because of Efi installation and I don't need a desktop. I only install SSH-Server.
After That I update the kernel to 3.16 (all three files) and reboot...
next I install the nvidia-346 and reboot into Bios and set the primary GPU to PCI card and boot again...
And after his my sythem boots into lightdm... (it never did this before)
In lightdm I can't run a session...

So I don`t understand where is the problem with this card...

Never got my hands dirty with ubuntu server edition. Did you remove the old Nvidia drivers first assuming they were loaded? It's a bit dirty but you could try 'sudo apt-get remove nvidia*' which is what I did I think. There are more complete tutorials for this.

Did you go for the package maintained latest or nvidia propitiatory?

Why are you going for server edition with this card if you just want a SSH server or is this just an intermediate step?
normaly I would use the ubuntu mini but it is not possible to install in Efi mode ao I use ubuntu server
which can be installed in Efi mode. SSH is only an intermediate step during the installation fo Ubuntu Server.

I tried both maintained latest and nvidia propitiatory

I want to follow parts of this HowTo.
especially the part with upstart script...

I'm wandering that after driver installation I don't have /etc/X11/xorg.conf anymore...
(2015-02-16, 15:51)sveni_lee Wrote: normaly I would use the ubuntu mini but it is not possible to install in Efi mode ao I use ubuntu server
which can be installed in Efi mode. SSH is only an intermediate step during the installation fo Ubuntu Server.

I tried both maintained latest and nvidia propitiatory

I want to follow parts of this HowTo.
especially the part with upstart script...

I'm wandering that after driver installation I don't have /etc/X11/xorg.conf anymore...

you don't need xorg.conf anymore unless you want to set custom things like DPI etc.

However if you run 'sudo nvidia-xconfig' it will make one for you
yes, I read it at least...

But I get it work under Ubuntu... Know Kodi starts and finally works...
The trick was to install the Driver as follow:

Code:
sudo apt-get install --no-install-recommends nvidia-346

So I install without lightdm and so on and after this it works...
But I'm not shure if everything is right because I checked the following...

Code:
kodi@mediacenter:~$ dpkg -l nvidia*
Gewünscht=Unbekannt/Installieren/R=Entfernen/P=Vollständig Löschen/Halten
| Status=Nicht/Installiert/Config/U=Entpackt/halb konFiguriert/
         Halb installiert/Trigger erWartet/Trigger anhängig
|/ Fehler?=(kein)/R=Neuinstallation notwendig (Status, Fehler: GROSS=schlecht)
||/ Name                          Version             Architektur         Beschreibung
+++-=============================-===================-===================-===============================================================
ii  nvidia-346                    346.35-0ubuntu1~xed amd64               NVIDIA binary driver - version 346.35
un  nvidia-346-uvm                <keine>             <keine>             (keine Beschreibung vorhanden)
un  nvidia-driver-binary          <keine>             <keine>             (keine Beschreibung vorhanden)
un  nvidia-opencl-icd-346         <keine>             <keine>             (keine Beschreibung vorhanden)
un  nvidia-persistenced           <keine>             <keine>             (keine Beschreibung vorhanden)
un  nvidia-prime                  <keine>             <keine>             (keine Beschreibung vorhanden)
un  nvidia-settings               <keine>             <keine>             (keine Beschreibung vorhanden)
un  nvidia-vdpau-driver           <keine>             <keine>             (keine Beschreibung vorhanden)

It looks like not all drivers like nvidia-vdpau-driver are installed...
There's the ' --install-vdpau-wrapper' flag you can add to the end of the install of the propitiatory driver however this might not be be the driver.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EVGA 750 ti and Kodi0