Kodi backup on Fire TV stick
Does anyone know the best way to restore a backup on the Fire TV stick. I have a successful backup in a .kodi folder on my hard drive of my PC. I have been trying ADBFire to restore Kodi. I click on restore kodi, select the .kodi folder and the files appear to be going to my FireTV stick (I can see that 535 MB of files have transfreeed over to the stick). However, when i run Kodi, it does not have any of my settings or addons. It appears that none of the backup was restored. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to copy my kodi settings from one FireTV stick to another FireTV stick.
I came here for the exact same question. I am experiencing the same issue and would also like to know if I'm doing something wrong, or if there is a better way of restoring my preferred addons and settings.
This is driving me crazy. I keep trying and none of the settings or addons are on the new stick!
Use Amazon Fire TV utility for Windows. It's very easy to make or restore a backup.
Just use the backup addon. You can find it and install it under programs. Put your backup in a shared folder on your pc then point the back up addon to that folder. It will restore your backup.
gsaxon - Have you figured this out yet? I still have not. I have tried a billion different ways of doing this but can't seem to get it to do anything. I would love to use adbfire for this over the other options.. so frustrating.
Use adbfire. I works great I use it every couple of days. You can remotely backup and restore multiple fire tv's on you network. Just make sure that you that shutdown kodi before you restore it. You can shut it down remotely using adbfire
+1 for the Amazon Fire TV Utility App v0.38
I've been trying to use the adbfire app as well but to no avail. All the files are there in the sd folder but do not show when I open Kodi. When I replaced the XBMC/Kodi folder on older Apple TV via ftp I need an extra command via Putty to put the changes in effect. Am I missing anything here with this utility. I've tried several times with this utility and even tried replacing the xbmc.org.kodi folder via ES file manager with the desired setup folder but same thing happens. No change in the Kodi application.

I'd prefer not to have to setup each box w/ my preferred settings. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Further Info: I did another backup and the files that were copied back to my computer are the ones that i sent to the firetv. So the correct files are getting to the correct location, just aren't taking effect. This is driving me nuts.
Has anyone had any success with this adbfire kodi issue.
I have been having the same problem, though I know that it works because 1 in 50 times I have had success.
It just takes its toll restoring 50 times in hope. Sad
If ADBfire doesn't work then don't use ADBfire. There are several ways to backup and restore settings.
So no one has an answer for OP? I copied the entire .kodi folder from my aftv to the stick and when I open kodi is like nothing is there, but all the files/folders are in the correct directories, is there something else that needs to be done to make all of this appear?
Where did you put the Kodi folder exactly?
ive never had a problem with adb fire worked every time for me all i do is

1. setup one stick exactly how i like it
2. connect to adb fire press backup save to a file on desktop
3. plug another stick in install kodi then hit restore on adbfire point to the file on desktop.

done kodi is exactly how its setup on the first stick.
ljm99 , can I ask what version adbfire you are using?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi backup on Fire TV stick1