Kodi backup on Fire TV stick
Hello All

I have used the adbfire: Kodi & FireTV Companion version 1.25 backup and restore function successfully on Amazon Fire Stick. Link to adbfire tool is http://www.jocala.com

I am running Kodi Isengard 15.1

The below instructions are assuming that you have already completed the adbfire backup (backup to a location on your computer and make note of where you put it).

Here is what you need to do. If you are trying to restore a fresh install of kodi - Be sure that you first OPEN Kodi once to create the file structure and then exit it BEFORE doing the Restore.

I believe this is the root of the problem being discussed here.

If you are attempting to restore your user settings to a kodi install that is already set up with addons and repos just be sure Kodi is closed and begin the restore process from Adbfire.

Please note the restore does take a bit but adbfire will notify you when it is complete. I would recommend walking away for a half hour to an hour until adbfire says Restore Complete.

This has really made setting up kodi on multiple sticks very simple for me.

Hope this helps!
Ok, here is the solution put as simple as it can be without any confusion.

Step 1: Customize or have custom Firestick powered on.
Step 2: Open ADBfire (Current version).
Step 3: Set up device.
Step 4: Press "Back Up", create a folder on the desktop, name it whatever you can remember. Let it complete.
Step 5: Insert new Firestick and power on.
Step 6: Set up device. (It will probably have a different IP address).
Step 7: Install Current version of Kodi.
Step 8: Open Kodi for first run on your device (TV, Computer, whatever).
Step 9: Force stop Kodi on device.
Step 10: Go back to ADBfire and press "Restore". Find that backup folder you made earlier on your desktop.

That's it. Problem Solved in 10 easy to understand steps. If you still can't get it to work this way something else is wrong.

YOU MUST LET KODI RUN FOR THE FIRST TIME AND THEN EXIT BEFORE YOU CAN RESTORE!
Thank you shoVel for a concise explanation.
I still don't seem to be getting very far, but I'm determined to conquer it.
Can you recommend a good video that shows every step of the way.
I made a complete back up of Kodi on my Fire TV and now want to Restore that set up onto a Fire TV Stick, adbfire tells me I have incorrect path etc etc.
I really want to get this to work, friends are asking me to configure their sticks and as you know it gets quite tedious after you have done one or two.
Any extra help you could give will be very much appreciated--------------Thanks
the new kodi 17 app on Windows has a new pathway as well on adblink it automatically does
c:/users/username/appdata/roaming/kodi
now it's
c:/users/username/Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Ko​​di\

that had me hitting my head the first time I tried to backup and then restore using krypton
have you got a router that accepts usb drives?

ive got a basic ISP router and a 32gb pen drive stuck in the back

in file manager added new windows SMB source of 192.168.1.254:445 (that being my router address and the usual usb port)

from there i could create a source to the usb drive (.usb in my kodi)

and i run all my backups through that. firestick, tablet, bedroom tv box all backup to same flash drive

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi backup on Fire TV stick1