Linux Raspberry PI No GUI SOUND over home theatre sinds KODI 14 before al was good
Hi,

Since about 2 years i have been using xbmc/kodi with a lot of pleasure. I have encounterd an audio problem that i didnt have until KODI 14.

No sound over speakerset
I am using a rapsberry pi B model with openelec 5.0.(also tried 5.1.+ 5.2) the raspberry is connected via HDMI tot my philips LED tv. The philips is connected over HDMI ARC to my philips home theatre centre ARC(supports every common codec), i have no GUI sounds ( or sometimes a sqeueek of sound) and after some short time the audio on videos or music also fails having tot restart my complete setup.After restart still no gui sounds but some times 1 or 2 videofiles play and then it stops again. I havent had any problems until kodi 14.

Things i tried so far :

-Other OS on pi -> OMSC -> RASPBMC etc. no cure.
-Other hardware -> IOS, Android . No cure
-Settings within XBMC tried all kind of things with the audio setting but nothing makes any differents.
-Other way of connecting LCD tot Reciever -> Coax digital. No cure.
-Edit config file HDMI force audio. No cure
-Edit advanced setting file ->minimalsamplerate 48000. no cure
-multiple reinstalls.

I do have audio on the tv thoug, also the analogue audio output on the pi directly to my reciever works. It looks like the problem is between te signal of the tv and the reciever, since i never experienced these problems before with any kind of hard/software and XBMC before it got KODI i think that there is something changed in the audio drivers.

Anyone have any ideaHuh, if wished i can provide a kodi-log

sorry for my crappy english i am from holland.

Greetz Rob
Does sound from TV work?
Can you post a link to the model of receiver?
Yes sound from tv works, model is philips hts3261
Have you tried the firmware upgrade:
http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbin...HTS3261/12
Yes both devices are up to date, any other idea?
Nobody??
If you are saying iOS, Android and Pi all fail to produce audio through your receiver, but produce audio through your TV, it sounds like a bug with the receiver.
I agree, but how can it be that with any gotham build or before there is no issue?
Tommorow i will try a different audioreciever, maybe this way i can determine if the problem is within the lcd or audioreciever
Different audio reciever = problem solved

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry PI No GUI SOUND over home theatre sinds KODI 14 before al was good0