Req Combine local TV channels and IPTV channels into single EPG
Would it be possible to combine more than one TV source into a single EPG? For example, lets say you have configured Kodi as a PVR client with TVheadend or serverWMC but would also like to add IPTV channels into the EPG meaning you could integrate local TV channels (OTA or cable) with online streamed channels/content.
(2015-02-10, 18:36)mr3p Wrote: Would it be possible to combine more than one TV source into a single EPG? For example, lets say you have configured Kodi as a PVR client with TVheadend or serverWMC but would also like to add IPTV channels into the EPG meaning you could integrate local TV channels (OTA or cable) with online streamed channels/content.
(2015-02-10, 22:40)hexinde Wrote:
(2015-02-10, 18:36)mr3p Wrote: Would it be possible to combine more than one TV source into a single EPG? For example, lets say you have configured Kodi as a PVR client with TVheadend or serverWMC but would also like to add IPTV channels into the EPG meaning you could integrate local TV channels (OTA or cable) with online streamed channels/content.
This is something ive been waiting for for a long time! Apparently some back ends allow it, though ive not found one (i currently use nextpvr).

Im hoping this would allow me to add stuff like the bt sports i get free with my bt internet. Or Filmon channels all within my current regular channels.

Also while were on the subject, Freeview UK offer streamed channels, anyway we could also incorporate these as an extra channel too?

Edit:

This is currently available with 3rd party apps like ontap.tv. But i dont get the full control or integration i would like with that, so it would be much easier and better to be able to do this with the Kodi pvr.
If you're willing to play around a bit with ffmpeg, you can do this now with a recent build of TVHeadend. See here:

https://tvheadend.org/projects/tvheadend...G-TS_Input

I tried TVHeadend last year and wrote it off in favor of ServerWMC since the backend wasn't behaving well. But it has since seen a lot of active development and appears to be much more stable. I have it working for local OTA via hdhomerun, and after following the guide in the link, am streaming IPTV.
I've been doing research into this over the past day or so.

I gave PseudoTV Live a try, but it was buggy and slow for my liking.

The IPTV Simple Client PVR plugin does the job, but it doesn't play nice with other PVR backends. It totally clobbers my MythTV PVR channels when both PVR backends are enabled. That makes me sad.

@doublea, thanks for you post, I suspect that I could use TVHeadend with the MPEG-TS input from MythTV (capturing firewire from my cable box).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Combine local TV channels and IPTV channels into single EPG1