Pixelation in SD live TV
I am running Ubuntu 14.04 mythtv 0.27 backend and kodi 15.0alpha nightly builds with a ceton infinitv 4 pcie tuner card. On live HD channels everthing is working perfectly. On live SD channels I get pixelation in the video and choppy sound in the audio on those SD channels I can tune. Some SD channels cannot even be tuned.

All of the SD channels that I have problems with play perfectly on the mythtv 0.27 frontend. I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to rectify this situation since kodi has better sound than mythtv frontend and I vastly prefer the kodi interface for playing video and audio files.
Additional information - If I schedule a recording on an SD TV channel via kodi (even one that kodi cannot acquire at all) the recording is made (not unexpected since mythtv backend is doing the recording). I can play the recorded SD TV show back using kodi and it is perfect.
Wink 
I had this same issue for non broadcast channels (or non-HD), fixed by going into Videos - Settings and disabling both VC-1 and prefer VAAPI.
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried to implement it. In my system there is no setting for VC-1 and VAAPI was on. Note that my system has Nvidia graphics.
Try turning off vdpau and seeing if software decoding is any better.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Turning off vdpau did not help. In the mythtv frontend vdpau is turned on and there are no problems with the SD images.
Recent nighly build fixed pixelation problem. I have one remaining problem with respect to some SD channels. Most of the time I cannot play one SD channel in live TV. Kodi says channel not available. If I start to record the channel and play the recording everthing is fine.
Both mythbackend and kodi have logs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pixelation in SD live TV0