NHL Phoenix won't load streams: I think I know why(more info inside)
I posted this in a reddit thread but it's basically the same thing. I just want some confirmation on my thoughts. I'm also typing this at work on my phone so if there's any pertinent information I've left out please tell me.

I'm not exactly a computer expert but I consider myself fairly knowledgeable. I researched these hockey streams and thus far I've succeeded in running some HD streams to my laptop via VLC and/or Kodi 14.0. On my laptop.

So I figured I may want to get this running on my PC which connects to my 47" HDTV. Pretty boss setup if you ask me, big screen NHL games? Hell yeah!

I've setup everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, exactly to a tee on my PC as I have on my laptop.. to the point of moving VLC to Programs x86 as opposed to Programs. One minor detail as you'll see in the pictures below. Years ago I had my PC setup with a static IP address as to bridge a connection to run my original modded Xbox wirelessly. Doing so allowed me to view my videos that were on my PC as my PC was configured to share all videos across my network. I could watch videos on my Xbox that were stored on my computer. This is where my problem begins(I think).

In the system32\drivers\etc folder I can see the hosts file, the one where you add 127.0.0 etc. whatever the actual line is(not 100% sure what the actual code is ATM). In the same folder, as you can see in the picture, is a file called hosts.ics. This contains what I assume to be the static IP information that I was talking about from years ago. This file IS NOT located anywhere on my laptop. My laptop can run these streams, my PC cannot.

I can only assume that there is a conflict of sorts between the static ip config hosts.ics and the hosts file I am supposed to modify with 127.0.0 whatever the line is.

My end question is such: Am I making the right assumptions? Will I be able to reset my ip configurations to "not static" and delete the hosts.ics? Will doing so basically tell my computer to look in the right path? Should I reset my network configurations if possible?

Like I said, aside from this one file called hosts.ics and the aforementioned static ip configuration, everything on my PC is setup the EXACT SAME WAY as everything on my laptop for the streams to work properly.

http://www.imgur.com/yWwgBpn

http://www.imgur.com/q7Josjk

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NHL Phoenix won't load streams: I think I know why(more info inside)0