VDR VNSI Client: "Lost connection to VDR Server"
Hello,

since Kodi 14 (including up to 14.1) i am getting every three seconds this Error Message, when my VDR Server Machine for Live TV isn't turned on:

* "VDR VNSI Client: "Lost connection to VDR Server" (Error Message, red circle white X).

In the Kodi General Live TV Settings i have activated "Don't show connection lost messages". When i deactivate this setting, i am getting another message in addition to the one mentioned above:

* "VDR VNSI Client: Connection lost" (Info Message)

So how do i get rid of the first annoying error message: VDR VNSI Client: "Lost connection to VDR Server"?

Thanks, Max
I'll have a look. I don't remember any change in those area for quite some time. Was it differnet in 13.x?
Heh I was complaining about the same problem but with tvheadend.
Opdenkamp said that addons are free to complain/kaitoast outside of that setting and still spam the user.
I think is silly to allow that.
For me the client broke on update to OE5.0.1 and still broken.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-02-11, 20:57)FernetMenta Wrote: I'll have a look. I don't remember any change in those area for quite some time. Was it differnet in 13.x?

Sorry, i didn't notice the exact time when it broke, but i think it might have happened somwhere between 13.x and 14.0.

Max
This problem drove me nuts meanwhile, so i decided to do something harsh ;-)

*Brute Force Silence* the kodi vnsi plugin:

github opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons

File:
addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi/src/VNSIData.cpp

Line 70 and following: commented out the two lines in the OnDisconnect Method:

void cVNSIData::OnDisconnect()
{
//XBMC->QueueNotification(QUEUE_ERROR, XBMC->GetLocalizedString(30044));
//PVR->TriggerTimerUpdate();
}

Recompiled the PVR Plugins, reinstalled and voila: No "Lost Connection..." messages any more.
When disabling "Don't show connection lost messages": i get the correct "Connection lost" messages.

So, why the VNSI Client here with the OnDisconnect()- Function tries to massively annoy the users is beyond my imagination. Maybe someone with real code-insight here can shed some light to it, because i am not sure of possible severe consequences or side-effects of my brute-force silencing and this should be solved properly imho :-)

Max
I said I will look into it, didn't I?

Quote:So, why the VNSI Client here with the OnDisconnect()- Function tries to massively annoy the users is beyond my imagination

Looks like the intended behavior is beyond your imagination as well Smile There is a difference if a connection can not be established and an existing connection breaks. The messages you were observing are related to the latter and were triggered by a false positive socket response.

The correct fix is here: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/pull/429
(2015-02-13, 13:28)FernetMenta Wrote: I said I will look into it, didn't I?

Quote:So, why the VNSI Client here with the OnDisconnect()- Function tries to massively annoy the users is beyond my imagination

Looks like the intended behavior is beyond your imagination as well Smile

touché :-)

and thanks very much for looking into it and fixing it properly really quick.

Max
I'm seeing this issue very occasionally too - most usually if the Kodi client gets stuck starting up - which happens quite often - then needs to be restarted. Thus is the current released Kodi 15.2 on Raspberry Pi (happens on both Pi and Pi 2).

It appears that the server won't respond to the client, and VDR has to be restarted
The log error example is

Code:
vdr: [6072] ERROR: VNSIStatus thread 6089 won't end (waited 5 seconds) - canceling it...

I'm using VNSI server GIT as of today, on VDR 2.20, but this issue has been around some time (I'm not sure how long, but certainly on previous GIT versions)

What debug should I enable to help solve this?

Thanks
connection handling was reworked in Kodi v17
(2016-05-19, 19:21)FernetMenta Wrote: connection handling was reworked in Kodi v17

Thanks I'll try it.
But in the many versions of Jarvis I tried on the Pi 2, the AC3 transcode was broken (garbage out of the TV optical port, but it works well on 15.2), so with the startup problem also, I couldn't use it. Do you know if transcode is working now on 17?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDR VNSI Client: "Lost connection to VDR Server"0