is it possible to make kodi more like plex?
note: when doing "preview post" or "full edit" there's a quote text button. Also it's basic forum markup language Smile
or hit the "quote" button below a post.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
well i have a solution, its possible not the best but it should work for me Smile

i have two bat files, home and work

home:
echo 192.168.0.10 my.dns.redirect > c:\windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

work:
echo # 192.168.0.10 my.dns.redirect > c:\windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

they need to be run as administrator, what this does is blank the hosts file (i have nothing in it anyway) and write the redirect line or comment the line out (ok ok write the line again but commented out, same thing really) depending on what one i use

with ping my.dns.redirect after i run the work one, it shows my wan ip ...perfect Smile
and after running my home one it shows my home ip Smile

now if i want to be really smarts i could add a line to boot kodi into both of them and add shortcuts to my desktop with compatability set to run as admin and then it will simply be a case of kodi for work and kodi for home Smile
if you want to give the profile way a try just say so and we try to guide you
The offer is appreciated but the hosts file should be OK

I do seem to have one issue though, some episodes show up when I browse the ftp folders but do not show up in the TV section, any ideas how to fix (tried telling it to scan again)

seems i had to change my naming convention and rename all files, kodi is not quite as good at detecting the episodes as plex, shouldnt be an issue going forward ofcourse just a pain at mo
i did try to reset the library http://kodi.wiki/view/Updating%20or%20removing%20videos but clean library does not appear in my library settings, im hoping a simple rescan will update the files to the new named file, but its gonna take me another hour or so t rename the files
mrgreaper - you can also adjust the filename patterns AFIAK - don't have the wiki link at hand though (check advancedsettings in wiki). Or you could also use a media manager tool to do the renaming for you (if you dare)
did most manualy and then found a tool to do the rest lol

i found the clean library option so im now getting rid of the whole duplicate episode issue (tip to anyone that falls on thisvia google for the same issue, the guide is wrong...sort of, you need to change settings level to advanced (once in the library settings page, bottom left settings level, click it with your mouse and clean library appears Smile )

i think im pretty much good to go ...cross fingers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is it possible to make kodi more like plex?0