"Kodi is starting..." message - Nothing happens
Hey everybody,

quite new to the APT2 XBMC (Kodi) community. I have the APT2 with Software 5.0.2 jailbroken and been running XBMC for the past 3-4 years. I never really had any problems until one day on startup of XBMC the message shows "XBMC is starting", but nothing would happen, it would stuck on the same screen.

So I found out that there is Kodi and figured that would be the reason. So I installed Kodi through Terminal and Nito and also uninstalled XBMC as discussed in other posts.

Now when I try to run Kodi the same message appears as "Kodi is starting...", but noting happens...

Anybody any solutions? And remember I'm new to the Terminal/Upgrade topics lol

Help is much appreciated

Thx
The fact that you are new to all the terminal stuff - i would recommend in rejailbreaking the whole thing and start from scratch.

If not - in that stage there is no kodi.log written yet - you would need to activate syslog and then provide /var/log/syslog so i could see whats going on.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Haha fair enough!

You figure rejailbraking would be easier?! Can you guide me to an easy guide on how to rejailbrake?!

Thanks a lot for your help!
forum.firecore.com for jailbreak questions - yep i think rejailbreak is easier then debugging your issue and at the end only coming to the conclusion that you need to rejailbreak Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Just get semi restore to rejailbreak. It's a quick process
Any chance you could guide me to a good thread for a rejailbreak?!

I'll see what I can find! Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Kodi is starting..." message - Nothing happens0