Difficulties with Harmony 650 remote control
Hello -

I hope I'm posting in the right place.....

I have used XBMC for a couple of years, and have never had a significant problem with it until now. I am using KODI 14.0, along with a Logitech Harmony 650 remote control, and an Adesso ARC-1100 IR receiver for my PC. A few days ago, KODI quit receiving most commands from the remote. The directional arrows still work, and the center "select" button still works, but just about every other command does not. For example, I can use the remote to select "Movies", navigate to the movie I want with the arrow keys, and select it. The movie will start playing, no problem. However, if I try to stop, pause, skip a chapter, or anything else with the buttons on the Harmony, I get no response from KODI. If I use the Adesso remote that came with the receiver, I can navigate to the controls onscreen, but I can't get the individual stop, pause, etc buttons on the Adesso remote to work, either.

I've reinstalled KODI, and I've re-synced the Harmony remote with no change. I have another, almost identical setup that works fine. Same model of Addeso IR receiver, same Harmony 650 remote. So I attempted to use those remotes on the system that is not working properly, and they didn't work there, either.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave,

I had a similar kind of problem. What solved it for me was the following;
I deleted the 'watch a movie' settings within the Logitech harmony software.
then I searched and added 'Microsoft - XBMC and Microsoft - MCE remote (also within de Logitech Harmony software).

After that everything worked fine...
Hope it helps!

good luck!
Thanks, Bass

Forgive me for being a bit thick-skulled. You say to delete the 'watch the movie' settings in the Harmony software, and add the XBMC remote. I'm not 100% what you mean. Do I add another device, the XBMC remote?

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Difficulties with Harmony 650 remote control0