• 19(current)
WIP Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread
As I said, I wasn't able to reproduce it anymore, so all I had were a few snippets that I c&p'd before.

However, I figured it out now. Full debug log here.

The failure to switch to true full screen happens when Kodi fails to steal focus on startup. You can see the icon flashing in the taskbar, indicating that it tried to steal focus but failed. When Kodi manages to get focus on startup, everything is fine.
So, the question is what prevents it from taking focus. You must have another application that conflicts with Kodi.
(2015-06-17, 20:03)Ed76 Wrote: hi,
i tested today with amd a6 richland apu, catalyst 14.9 and win 8.1 and i noticed two problems:

1) deinterlacing (live tv) didnt work (deinterlacing is greyed out).
2) played some files with 23.976 hz. the info jumps between 23.8x and 24.xx hz. but i didnt noticed any stutter, dropped frames....

here is a debug log
http://pastebin.com/MevHGUhE

I have the same setup and the same behaviour. But also when I play 23,976 movies the Codec info shows 24.00 and it skips every minute one frame.
Nice - so again AMD is not even able to produce non broken drivers on Windows, that's a real pitty ... always the same since all the years I am in kodi / xbmc business. After doing a correct architecture .... the AMD drivers come into play and you need to workaround ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@Caramba69: Actually, Ed76's debug log shows proper 23.98fps support announced by the driver. If it's the same for you, and Kodi still doesn't use this automatically, an <adjustrefreshrate> advanced setting for 23.976fps might do the trick. This is completely unrelated to DX11 and therefore off-topic here, though.
(2015-06-18, 11:33)Shine Wrote: @Caramba69: Actually, Ed76's debug log shows proper 23.98fps support announced by the driver. If it's the same for you, and Kodi still doesn't use this automatically, an <adjustrefreshrate> advanced setting for 23.976fps might do the trick. This is completely unrelated to DX11 and therefore off-topic here, though.

OK. How do I do this adjustment?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml
@caramba: whats your catalyst version?
15.5 beta. Should I try a different version?
no, its the newest. i have 14.9 and deinterlacing didnt work. so it seems dx11 kodi build will not work with amd (if you need deinterlacing and win7/8)
No - it's the other way round:

AMD does not implement Deinterlacing for DX11 - so users / devs are forced to a > 5 years old standard ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
maybe win10 will help. we will see.
@afedchin: Here's a patch that appears to fix my problem: http://pastebin.com/yq12pZ8F
Code inspired (or shamelessly stolen) from here.
Did you test it? I ask because I've tried same solution with no success. But maybe it's because I've emulated losing focus.
Yes, I tested it. Yesterday (see above) I finally found a way to reliably reproduce the issue using this batch:
Code:
@echo off
choice /t 10 /d y >NUL
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\Kodi.exe"
Run this, minimize the CMD window and wait until Kodi starts (10 secs).

Without the patch -> full screen fails always
With the patch -> full screen succeeded 10 times in a row.

SetFullScreen will of course still fail if bringing Kodi to the front fails - but so far, that didn't happen to me.

I will keep using it for a while and report here.
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows DirectX 11 upgrade test thread6