Amazon fire tv or raspberry pi 2?
Hi folks A bit of advice please I'm sorry if this has already been posted but I plan on buying either a raspberry pi 2 or amazon fire tv for the sole purpose of kodi now I know there is a price difference between the two but I wouldn't do much else with the raspberry except use it for kodi I wanted to know which is best performance wise as I don't mind paying the extra for a fire tv I was just hoping for a few pros and cons between the two to enable me to make a better decision thank you in advance for any help
Check out this post;

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=94268

- Hamilton
Just Kodi? Raspberry Pi 2.
Another vote for the raspberry pi 2,

i sold my nuc when i saw how good the new pi is.
Kodi only? Save the money and go with the Pi 2.
Fire TV Stick, it also comes with an awesome controller.
Also as specified earlier, see the "Advice on Kodi Boxes, NASes, and Hard Drives- FireTVs, Chromeboxes, ARM Sticks, etc" thread
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
Exactly. The firetv stick is actually a lot cheaper than the rpi2 once you factor in the case, sdcard, USB wifi dongle, remote control, and power plug. It's a complete solution for $40 and will play 1080p video just fine.
FireTV Stick probably not as useful to use Europeans who need refresh rate switching. And it isn't available here either...
thanks alot folks you have all been really helpful i already own a chromebox which i have kodi on and it seems pretty cool i purchased a rii mini keyboard and remote for it which compliments it really well ive ordered a fire tv box coming next week its basically for upstairs i am going to get a pi 2 aswell just to mess about with really kodi is an awesome media centre better than anything i have come across thankyou all again.ps i have just sold my roku 3 box today aswell as personally i think its crap the amount of rubbish on there is unbelievable Smile
got them both and I say Pi 2.

Memory card is £5, power supply is £5 and control it via TV remote with CEC. Total £35
(2015-02-14, 15:21)bertybassett Wrote: got them both and I say Pi 2.

Memory card is £5, power supply is £5 and control it via TV remote with CEC. Total £35

Where are you finding a Pi 2 for £25? Everywhere I've seen seems to be running at around £29-30 inc VAT in the UK (and to be honest I think you need a case). However I agree that even at £40-45 the Pi 2 is still the best low cost Kodi box for European viewers (particularly if you watch interlaced content)
(2015-02-14, 15:23)noggin Wrote:

Where are you finding a Pi 2 for £25? Everywhere I've seen seems to be running at around £29-30 inc VAT in the UK (and to be honest I think you need a case). However I agree that even at £40-45 the Pi 2 is still the best low cost Kodi box for European viewers (particularly if you watch interlaced content)

Out of stock at the moment but I got my Pi 2 from RS
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/processor-.../832-6274/
Edit. Price seems to have gone up since I got mine, so you're right, about 30 quid with VAT.
(2015-02-14, 16:06)prawnee Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 15:23)noggin Wrote:

RS prices are exclusive of VAT - that is £29 once you include VAT.
I am waiting until something like this comes out for the Pi 2 personally

http://www.amazon.com/CanaKit-Raspberry-...008XVAVAW/

That Canakit Adapter is only 1.5A tho compared to the needed 2A for the Pi2 other then that the rest of the stuff should be all you need to get the Pi 2 up and running.
(2015-02-14, 16:10)noggin Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 16:06)prawnee Wrote:
(2015-02-14, 15:23)noggin Wrote: Where are you finding a Pi 2 for £25? Everywhere I've seen seems to be running at around £29-30 inc VAT in the UK (and to be honest I think you need a case). However I agree that even at £40-45 the Pi 2 is still the best low cost Kodi box for European viewers (particularly if you watch interlaced content)

RS prices are exclusive of VAT - that is £29 once you include VAT.

here is what I paid for 2 pi 2s from RS on day 1 (see below) they must have put up the prices

10 Feb 2015 POS 7353 06FEB15 , RS COMPONENTS , 08457 201201 GB - £54.84

£22.85 each
EA£45.70

Goods total £45.70
Delivery Free

VAT £9.14

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon fire tv or raspberry pi 2?0