No Joystick Input For On Screen Keyboard Issue [SOLVED]
Hello Everyone,

Here is a list of what I am currently trying to get to work together, and to be honest I have been having a great deal of difficulty getting everything to work in harmony with one another.

Windows 7 64Bit
Kodi Gotham 13.2
Ace Skin 6.0.2
Advanced Launcher 2.5.8
SpeedFan Addon
XBMC Backup Addon

I have choosen Gotham 13.2 because it is a little older so it appears to be more compatible with the older items I desire to use with it. Something I came across has to do with the on screen keyboard, I can type entries with my actual keyboard, but I don't have the ability to use the arrow keys to move the cursor around to select the letters manually, like with a joystick application.

I have tried the stock Confluence skin that comes with Gotham as well as the skin that I desire to use Ace 6.0.2 and the keyboard acts the same way with both skins.

Not sure if anyone has run into anything like this or has any solution.

On a side note, I am using version 6.0.2 of the Ace skin, does anyone know if this version is fully compatible with Gotham 13.2.
I tried to find lower versions of the skin but have been unsuccessful in finding any.

Thank You To Anyone Who Reads This and For Any Help Anyone Can Provide
This link shows a list of compatible skins. http://kodi.wiki/view/Comparison_of_skin_features you may be caught in the middle of a skin update, best check with the specific skin forum for the latest information.

If the keybaord acts in the same way in both skins the issue is probably not the skin, more like the keybaord layout (ensure the keyboard layout is set correctly, or default to U.S.)
Thank you for the response

I just found out what it was and I figured I would post the answer just in case others ever run into this in the future.

If you go into Settings - System - Input Devices

There is an option called "Remote Control Sends Keyboard Presses" this should be turned ON if anyone else ever experiences the same problem.

Hope this will help someone in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Joystick Input For On Screen Keyboard Issue [SOLVED]0