Kodi 14.1 UPnP/DLNA renderer regression (RaspberryPi)
Something regressed in Kodi 14.1, since UPnP streaming (wired connection) from Windows 8.1 to RaspberryPi (as AudioRenderer/Play-To device) was working just fine in RaspBMC with Kodi 14.0. But when I've upgraded to last release of RaspBMC with 14.1 the song tries to start play then skips back to beginning a couple of times and then stops. Windows 8.1 spins connecting progress wheel for some time and finally reports that connection failed to be established. I've also tested OSMC Alpha 4 with Kodi 14.1 included - same problem. When manually reverted back to Kodi 14.0 (git ad747d9, 2014-12-24) it works just fine. So it most likely is not Linux version related or anything RaspBMC/OSMC specific.

P.S.
I've installed Kodi 14.0 from this site (http://michael.gorven.za.net/raspberrypi/xbmc?page=18)
Hi,
I am facing the same problem.
Is there any solution?

Logs are here (http://paste.osmc.io/yicaqepoda)

Is this related to some curl issue with the new versions?
If it is an issue with versions of libraries, then it would be useful to config if latest OpenELEC works on Pi, and whether this works with other platforms (e.g. windows/linux/android).
Havn't tested with OpenELEC, but with today updated OSMC (Kodi 14.2) the problem is still present. It seems that it affects only Windows 8.1 / Windows 10 TP, since DLNA streaming from iPad (with Media Connect app) was working just fine.
Playback on the PI is working just fine for me when streaming music and video to it from Kodi on Windows using the "play to" feature. I'm running a recent Milhouse nightly on my PI and was using a Windows nightly. What's not working on my end though is that Kodi on Windows didn't switch into some "control point" mode, neither for the first song nor video I played. Once I started a second song via "play using" it suddenly showed the "currently playing" status on Kodi Windows. @Montellese any idea?
It's working for you using Kodi as UPNP controller on Windows? Does it use Windows built-in Play API? Which version of Windows?
Does it work when using play-to from Windows Explorer (desktop application mode) or Microsoft Xbox Music modern/store app?

My configuration is:
1. Windows 8.1 as NAS. DLNA Server mode
2. Windows 8.1 as DLNA Controller. (Also Windows 10 TP in VM and Windows RT on Lumia 2520).
3. Raspberry PI 512 Mb with OSMC / Kodi 12 as DLNA Renderer.

I am pretty sure that this time the variable component that broke compatibility is Kodi 14.0 vs 14.1, because when I've used latest XBMC and OSCM and downgraded Kodi to 14.0 it was stable again.
oh, you're using native Windows features to control Kodi on the PI? Then I misread your issue - I thought you where using Kodi in Windows to control Kodi on the PI. I was testing Kodi v15 nightly, Win8.1 x64 -> Kodi v15, Milhouse nightly, RPI2.

Never used DLNA on Windows or any app from the Windows store (I ignore/disabled this part of Win8 and only use Desktop). Can give it a try.
(2015-04-18, 15:08)popcornmix Wrote: If it is an issue with versions of libraries, then it would be useful to config if latest OpenELEC works on Pi, and whether this works with other platforms (e.g. windows/linux/android).

Hi Popcornmix,

I tried with Kodi on my Nexus 4(Android 5.0). Although Windows 8.1 discovers Kodi-android as a playto device, it is not even able to start streaming the audio. It keeps failing to connect.
This is all with native Windows upnp streaming.
Hi,

I am having the same problem on OpenElec 5.0.8(Kodi 14.2) on two Raspberry Pi 2B's.
When "Play to" one of those it starts playing the song while Win8.1 shows "Connecting to device". It stops playing after approx. 10 seconds, restarts for a second and then stops with the message "Unexpected Device Error".
The same computer is playing to a Medion Life Internet Radio perfectly.

Regards,

Piet.
The problem has not got resolved in either Windows 10 or latest OSMC on RPi. If you are trying to stream only audio from Windows to Raspberry pi, which is what I was trying , I would recommend the following workaround:

Use tuneblade (http://tuneblade.com/). Seems to work fine.

there are some other alternatives suggested here, but I have not tried them yet.

http://alternativeto.net/software/airfoil/
OSMC 2015-07 release with Kodi 15.0 fixed problem for me. Release note states "Fix an issue that caused issues with UPNP server capabilities in Kodi". Good!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 14.1 UPnP/DLNA renderer regression (RaspberryPi)0