Req Alternative TV Show Scrapers?
Is there a way to add a TV Show scraper other than thetvdb.com? I only see TVDB in the list under TV Show options, with no obvious way to add other scrapers.

Is this something that would require custom code, or is it just a matter of connecting to the scraper's API? I looked through the Wiki but couldn't find any information.

My main issue with TVDB is that their season/episode numbering scheme for a lot of shows is mismatched with the numbering scheme used by uploaders, EZTV, Wikipedia, etc. I'd rather not have to rename every episode I download just to conform to their alternative numbering system. From what I hear, thexem.de and tvrage.com might be useful substitutes/augmentations.

Or, we could start our own database compatible with EZTV ;-)
Come to think of it, it might not be so difficult to put together a scraper that fetches show info directly from Wikipedia...
(2015-02-15, 06:57)zuckedoff Wrote: Come to think of it, it might not be so difficult to put together a scraper that fetches show info directly from Wikipedia...

Hey if you have some knowledge or VB/C# you're welcome to contribute and try to create a Wikipedia scraper for shows/movies. Wink In the past I did something like that and added the moviepilot scraper for german users - it wasn't too difficult (you can look at existing scraper and copy/adjust scraperlogic). ANother option is to add your request to bugtracker so we can keep track of user wishes. By the way the final goal is to use XMLScraper format of Kodi so any of XBMC scrapers can be used in Ember too - don't ask about release date of that feature though...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternative TV Show Scrapers?0