Cover art thumbnails missing in NFS directory
Hi guys

I'm a long time XBMC user, had it running (OpenElec and before that XBMCbuntu) on my Asus Eeebox 1501 until two weeks ago when the CPU fan died and I had to look for alternatives.

So now I'm running Kodi 14.1, sideloaded on a Nexus Player, and it's working great, with one teeny little exception:

My local media, in this case the kids stories and fairy-tale audiobooks, are all on my Synology NAS, as they were with the old setup. Kodi sees the NFS share and can set it as source for audio files, no problem. Playback also works fine. The weird thing is, that it only shows cover thumbnails for about half the folders.

All the media is organized the same way: one folder per CD, numbered and tagged mp3 files for the tracks, and a cover.jpg file with the CD cover. This cover.jpg file is also set as picture in the ID3 v2 tags for each file. There seems to be no discernable difference between the folders where Kodi sees the cover and uses it as thumbnail, and those where it doesn't and instead shows the default audio file or folder symbol. At first I thought this was just an issue with the caching process being a bit slow, but intensive use and waiting for several days didn't change anything. I've deleted and re-imported the NFS share several times, force closed Kodi, cleared the App cache in Android Settings, clear application data and se it up anew, uninstall and re-installed Kodi....to no avail, always the same folders missing their cover art thumbnail.

Even weirder, if I import the same directory as a SMB share instead of NFS, I have no such problem, all the covers load and show perfectly within a second or two.

So, all in all, it's an annoyance, but not really a problem, but it might be symptomatic of some bug.
I'll gladly try out any suggestions you might have to try an pin down the issue and report back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cover art thumbnails missing in NFS directory0