Nexus Player vs Fire TV
Smile 
Hello Smile

I am shopping for a replacement for my old Apple TV 2 to be my main KODI device.

Currently I found the following options on Amazon

Fire TV for $84
Nexus Player for $90

What do u guys recommend as best player for KODI ?

Thanks
If you're not interested in internet streaming or running Android there may be better choices than just those two. What do you want to use it for?
Fire TV has ethernet/LAN, which helps greatly with local media streaming, especially full BD rips.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Wait for the Razer Forge TV and then make your decision.
(2015-02-16, 00:02)Stereodude Wrote: If you're not interested in internet streaming or running Android there may be better choices than just those two. What do you want to use it for?

I only need it for KODI but I couldn't find an all in one cheaper solution than Fire TV

(2015-02-16, 02:45)hdmkv Wrote: Fire TV has ethernet/LAN, which helps greatly with local media streaming, especially full BD rips.

Good point, I agree with u

(2015-02-16, 03:16)TitoXx Wrote: Wait for the Razer Forge TV and then make your decision.

I wouldn't be surprised if Razer priced the forge TV for $200, it's still unclear when they will release it, if they ever release it and doesn't end up like Razer fitness band
Razer has already stated a $99 price tag for the Forge TV. I am personally waiting until the Nvidia event on March 3rd as they may just have a Android TV box in the works aka Shield TV box.

http://phandroid.com/2015/02/11/nvidia-march-3rd-event/
(2015-02-16, 07:53)abouzainah Wrote: I only need it for KODI but I couldn't find an all in one cheaper solution than Fire TV
RPi2 is certainly cheaper. No idea if it will do what you want though.
(2015-02-16, 00:02)Stereodude Wrote: If you're not interested in internet streaming or running Android there may be better choices than just those two. What do you want to use it for?

Not OP but I am interested in internet streaming and also using media on my computer. I have looked other places about comparing set up top boxes and most people direct me to the Amazon Fire TV. The problem is I've heard the Nexus has better casting vs. the Fire's mirroring function. I have decent wifi so I don't think I need to worry about the lack of Ethernet (though I haven't fully convinced myself).

Essentially I have no idea whether I should get the Fire, Nexus, or something else. Any advice, especially from those that have either or both?
Fire's mirroring works very well, but I've only tested via my Kindle HDX tablet.
My HT
AFTV, at least I love it! Big Grin
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
(2015-02-17, 16:06)hdmkv Wrote: Fire's mirroring works very well, but I've only tested via my Kindle HDX tablet.

Do you need to have the device on for the duration of the mirror? Do you know if this is different than casting on other devices (specifically Nexus and Chromecast)?
With Chromecast, once you cast content, continue playing content you mean, even if you turn off your phone/tablet? If so, don't know if same on Fire TV. Nexus player should work similar to Chromecast I'd think.
My HT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nexus Player vs Fire TV0