Getting "hide watched" flag and responding to updates
I'm developing a video addon and need to know the status of the "hide watched" setting. I use setResolvedUrl for media files and Kodi handles their watched status fine, but I also want to hide virtual folders if they contain no unwatched files. I have found

Code:
xbmc.getCondVisibility('System.Setting(hidewatched)')

but it doesn't work on the current plugin directory, so for example it will get the hide watched state for "addons" when I'm providing the top-level directory of my addon, rather than "tvshows". I don't see another way to fetch this and have locally implemented

Code:
xbmcplugin.getHideWatched(handle [,content])

but wanted to check for other ways to get this value before sending a pull request.

A related issue is that when the hide watched flag is changed, it doesn't refresh the contents of the plugin directory. I have a local change for that, too, that does a refresh if the flag is changed when viewing a plugin directory, but wanted to again verify first I wasn't missing some other notification or way to set my plugin to be refreshed when this changes.
First set the plugin content xbmcplugin.setContent, then set the playcount info label on the directory list item itself. I've checked and it hides watched folders correctly.
(2015-02-28, 13:25)takoi Wrote: First set the plugin content xbmcplugin.setContent, then set the playcount info label on the directory list item itself. I've checked and it hides watched folders correctly.

I do set the content already. Thanks for the pointer to setInfo/playcount. Do you know if there's a way (besides looking at the database directly) for my plugin to determine the watched status for contained video items, i.e., enumerate the directory contents so I can set the flag correctly on the directory itself? Specifically, given a plugin URL, I'd need to be able to get a play count.

InfoTagVideo has a getPlayCount method, but the only way I can see to get such an object is through Player.getVideoInfoTag, and I want to get information for a media file that is not currently playing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting "hide watched" flag and responding to updates0